Twelve- The Stakes Are Lined

Annabeth

It looked as though the sides were lining up.

On the Olympians side, Athena, Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hades, Demeter, Dionysus, Apollo had clearly chosen their allegiance.

On the Half-Bloods side, Ares, Aphrodite, Perseus, Hephaestus, Artemis, Hermes, and a bunch of minor gods.

The Half-Bloods were clearly outnumbered. I had no clue was fate this would result in for Percy...

You can't think like this, I scolded myself. It was a habit though.

Where does your allegiance truly lie? My conscience said.

Athena appeared in front of me. "Annabeth, we must act hastily. Things are growing worse."

"What?" I asked.

"It's been going on for a long time under our noses and we believe Lord Perseus has been aware of it and hasn't been honest. He is a traitor." Athena said. "We're plotting to get rid of him before this can get any worse."

"Get rid of Percy?" I demanded. "His domain is loyalty, he would never betray us-"

"He would never betray what he is loyal to. Where does his heart lie, Annabeth?" Athena asked.

"What is the reasoning for this?" I said. "On what grounds-"

"The Half-Bloods have been planning an attack under our noses and it's happening at day break tomorrow. We know where his allegiance lies, and it's not with us. If he's not with us, he's against us."

"What are you going to do?" I asked.

"We're doing what must be done," Athena said. "Chopping him up and scattering his remains in Tartarus."

"There are other gods fighting on behalf of the demigods," I argued. "Why must he suffer?"

"Everybody has their reasons," Athena said. "His are the wrong ones."

"What reasoning would that be?" I demanded.

"Ares, he wants a war. That's his nature. Hephaestus, he doesn't agree with Zeus. I mean, considering Hera threw him off a mountain, it's reasonable. Aphrodite, she follows Ares like a pitiful puppy. Artemis, her hunters. Hermès, his past mistakes. Perseus simply is against all of Olympus and it's ways." Athena dared me to argue.

"Mother I..." I shook my head. I needed to let go of Percy. Maybe not seeing him for a few millennia would help me with that. "What must be done, must be done."

Calypso

I was losing him, and I knew it.

I looked at the note he left. "Business."

Something in me told me he wasn't at Camp Half-Blood right now. I had woken up in an empty bed, confused and alone.

I walked outside and decided to flash to camp. I walked around, and having not found Percy anywhere, I found Chiron.

"Where is Percy?" I asked.

"He left to speak with his father," Chiron said, overlooking the archery range.