Three- Long Time, No See, Jackson.

Percy

I remained on the porch, looking out over the dawn horizon. People milled about, the camp becoming alive as the sun rose overhead.

I heard her before I saw her- big surprise, right?- and I knew her voice instantly.

I exhaled as the door to the Big House opened. I felt her aura, and I felt her annoyance from here.

"Well, well, well." She said. "Long time, no see, Jackson."

I managed a weak smile, keeping my eyes focused on the arena. "Right back at you, Chase."

Maybe in another world, she would be a Jackson too.

I saw Annabeth twice a year. The dreaded solstices. In those instances, we either gave each other the evil eye, avoided each other completely, or bickered. Forget being the bigger person and not letting our emotions get the best of us, we were now big crybaby Olympians-and I personally think Aphrodite has cursed us both. I felt her eyes on me.

"So now you want my help?" She asked.

"Woah woah now," I said, finally turning to face her. "Now don't let it get to your ego. Your pride is bigger than the underworld. I did not request you. I was referring to Thalia and Jason. However, I unfortunately can't quest with mortals. So Chiron contacted you. Much to my disliking."

"That makes 2 of us then." She said, stubbornly.

I bit my lip. I really needed to be the bigger person, but the thought of apologizing to her made me want to cringe to death. If there was one way to kill an immortal, that would be it.

"Alright." I finally decided. "Look, out of service to Olympus, I think we should put our differences aside and work together."

"That'd be easy to the one who started it." Annabeth said.

I groaned. "This again? So it was my fault that you dumped me and I ran off and found Calypso?"

"If you hadn't been so-"

"Erm... excuse me?" Called a squeaky voice. I turned to see a camper at the stairs. Joshua Poindexter, a short, skinny son of Apollo. He was athletic, with blonde hair and blue eyes and the same sparkling smile that all Apollo's kids had. He bowed quickly and uneasily. "Lord Perseus, Lady Annabeth..." he said respectfully, then turned his attention to me. "Percy, we have an accident at the arena. We need you."

"Tell them I'll be right there." I said. He ran off. I turned back to Annabeth. "I should probably go check on that..."

We made eye contact. Her eyes were stormy grey, and they looked like a hurricane. Whenever she was angry, they were even more wickedly beautiful.

"Yeah," she said, now softer. "You should."

I began running behind Joshua, towards the arena.

"...just an accident," some kid was saying. "I didn't-"

"Woah there, I'm here," I said. I found a camper on the ground with a deep sword wound in his side, at a gap in his armor.

"I'm sorry, Percy, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," I smiled. "He'll be okay, it was just an accident."

I knelt down over him and looked him over in concentration. "Alright," I called. "Somebody find Will Solace?"

"Yes sir," said a group of campers before running off.

"Let's get you on your back," I said before rolling the kid over on his back. I recognized him as Leland Martin, a son of Nemesis. I'm no healer, but I know some basic field medicine. "Can you apply pressure on it?" I asked, handing him a clean cloth out of my satchel that I often carried when I was teaching.

"Yeah," he said. He pushed down on it and his face went white.

"You're gonna be okay," I assured him. "This happens. You'll be perfectly back to normal in no time." I gave him a reassuring smile.

The sounds of footsteps barreled in behind me and Will Solace appeared at my side. "Alright," Will said. "Somebody get me a stretcher." He looked down at the camper. "We're gonna get you to the infirmary. We'll get you some nectar and ambrosia, but you might need a few stitches. You'll be fine though, it shouldn't hurt a bit. You'll be good in anywhere from 3-4 days." The kid nodded.

Somehow I knew he'd get revenge.

A group of campers came running in with a stretcher. "Help me lift him," Will said. I helped Will pick up Leland and heaved him onto the stretcher with no trouble. He was sweating and in some pain, but otherwise looked fine.

"The bleeding isn't too bad, which is fortunate. You haven't lost a lot of blood." Will informed him.

"You'll be alright," I said, slipping him some extra ambrosia. He quickly ate it and nodded thanks.

I turned to see Annabeth leaning on the column in the entrance archway of the arena.

She gave me a bittersweet smile. "Still caring I see..." she then hardened. "Somewhere inside of you."

She turned and walked back towards the Big House, leaving me staring and confused.

Women.