Nine- Pick a Side

**before I start:: IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED, I'm in hard classes and have work and sports and stuff but WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, let's get to it and I will be updating and finishing this book within the next few weeks**

Annabeth

"Percy. He's a loose canon." Athena sighed.

"He's always been that way, mother," I reminded her.

"Yes," Athena said. "But now he's immortally that way. I traced over faded lines on the blueprint I was drawing, adding a beautiful quartz terrace to my mothers palace. On the rails, beautiful vines and flowers could be intertwined in the rails, an archway with beautiful, thick grey curtains held back by silk- "Annabeth?"

"Sorry," I stammered, shuffling through the papers.

"Always absorbed in your work," she smiled approvingly. "Cunning, witty. Quick on your feet. Perseus would not be half of what he is without you."

I frowned. I wouldn't be half of what I am either. He had a part of me, and I had a part of him...

"Don't give me that look Annabeth," Athena said. "You're independent."

I nodded. "I know."

However, independent as I was, it was nice to have somebody to share good things with sometimes.

"The war," Athena said. "Perseus will side with the half-bloods. As I imagine some gods and goddesses will."

"You think?" I asked.

"I believe Perseus, Nemesis, Nike, Ares, will all assist the Half-bloods. Everybody else is on the fence right now, but it is about to be bloody Annabeth. Olympus will be divided." She gave me a hard look. "You need to pick a side."

"Pick a-" I started. "There's no war yet."

"There will be, I know," Athena said. "And you know too. I advise you to pick a side, and choose wisely. Zeus is not so forgiving."

"I... you'll be with Zeus." I said.

"I imagine there will be a variety of factors contributing to each god and goddesses choice," Athena said. "But I will stand by my father. And you, you could stand by your mother."

My mother was asking me to join her. To fight by her side. Something I had always wanted...

"I..."

"Think about it, Annabeth," Athena said. "Choose wisely."

She turned, and walked away, leaving me alone with my papers and thoughts.

Percy

I slashed a dummy and stabbed him through his ribs. The leather armor ripped open in response to Riptides celestial bronze blade. This was often my stress relief. I needed to gather my thoughts.

The arena was empty. An army of dummies clad in leather chest plates stood before me. I hacked and hacked, sweat dripping down my back.

"Percy," Calypso called from the arched doorway. "You've been at it for 2 hours. Are you okay?"

I sighed, turning to her, and wiping my forehead with the back of my hand. "I don't know what's happening, Calypso."

"You don't seem to be taking it well." Calypso agreed. "Maybe we should go back to the palace and... enjoy some time together."

She began to approach me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Percy!" Called a camper. "Percy, Lady Annabeth has requested an audience with you."

I began to follow, Calypso on my heels. The camper grimaced. "Forgive me... but she asked for Percy alone."

Calypso gritted her teeth behind me, but stayed back.

"In the Big House." He said.

I walked, for old times sake.

When I got to the Big House, Chiron was nowhere to be found. I walked in, finding an empty living room.

"Annabeth?" I called. "Anna-"

"Hush!" From the shadows, somebody grabbed me and clapped their hand over my mouth.

"Mmf-" I panicked, elbowing my captor in the ribs.

"Percy." Annabeth hissed. I stopped struggling, realizing it was her. She let me go. "Percy, be quiet. Nobody can know."

"What?"

"There's a war going on Percy! You know it!" She whispered. "It's brewing. You have to be careful. Zeus will be out to get you! My mother told me to choose a side."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because," she said. "You have to think with your head, not your heart for this one. The Olympians won't be so forgiving."

"Nobody is picking sides here." I said.

She glared at me. "Don't even. Olympus is divided and you know it."

"I'm not picking a side." I said.

"You already have." She said, before turning. "I'm asking you to reconsider your decision."

"You're not standing with me?" I demanded. "You're going to forget everything that happened here? At camp? Disregard your mortal past? Forsake the Half-Bloods-"

"The past is the past Percy... I don't want to punish the Half-Bloods but what's just is just." She said.

"I'm here with them every day," I said. "You wouldn't understand. You don't care about anybody but yourself-"

"Shut up about things you don't know about. You have no idea about the half of it." Annabeth's eyes continued growing angry.

"Annabeth..." I said. "You... you have a Half-Blood of your own, don't you?"

She looked away. "It is painful... watching your child suffer, without being able to intervene."

"You-"

"Enough, Percy." She said. "Until we meet again. And please... choose wisely."

Her stormy grey eyes pleading with me was the last thing I saw before she flashed away.