T W O

The first thing I noticed was his bright blue eyes, the second thing I noticed was the not so pleasant scowl etched in on his face. 

I then noticed was the extraordinary amount of tattoos on his body. I could see some quotes, and some pictures of different items marred on his tan skin. They all looked pretty meaningless, but who am I to judge.

He had brown spiked up hair, a lip ring, and an eyebrow peircing. It looked sort of odd on him like they didn't entirely mesh well with his baby face. His eyes appraised me, and I couldn't tell if he liked or disliked what he saw. I probably look like a nun next to him. Waving away my thoughts I introduce myself.

"Hello Louis." I tell him while smiling and offering my hand.

Cause I'm nice.

He looks at my hand as if it is a forgein object and I awkwardly lower it, pretending to scratch the back of my head.

With roll of his blue eyes he stalks out of the room and I hear the front door slam as he walks out of it.

I turn back to Ms. Charlotte with wide eyes and she refuses to meet them, making herself look busy in front of the black top stove.

"Your nephew seems like a ball of sunshine!" I tell her sarcastically.

She sighs and meets my eyes "He is a bit rough around the edges but I'm sure you will grow on him."

"Like fungus?" I question.

"Exactly!" she sends me a warm smile.

Wow.

I roll my eyes and turn on my heel to the front door. Just as I'm about to walk out I here her call my name again.

"Nellie, don't forget your jacket!" she warns me "It is freezing out there."

I thank her for her kindness as I slip on the heavy jacket and make my way out of the great wooden door.

I find Louis leaning on his car (which is very nice by the way) . When he sees me he makes his way to the drivers side and cranks up the car as he turns up the heaters.

I hear him hit the unlock button as I get in and maneuver my bag off of my shoulders, placing it in between my legs in the passenger seat.

Once I shut the door and pull on my seat belt, He pulls out of the long cobblestone driveway and into the main road. It is quite the awkward ride and the only sound is the rain which has reduced to a light drizzle.

Trying to sooth the silence I reach toward the radio when suddenly he smacks my palm away like it is diseased.

"What?" I say.

"I don't like people touching my things."

"Oh. May I ask why?"

"No."

"Okay, then grumpy. I didn't ask you to give me a ride to school. I could of easily caught a ride to school."

"And who do you know here? That's right no one. The bus runs at five and by the looks of it you need as much beauty sleep as you can get.  He then sighs loudly, "I need my coffee, it is too early for this shit."

I remain silent not sure how to respond to his unprovoked attack.

The silence carries on the constant ringing of honks and cars breaking filling up the void.

I stare at the windsheild trying to find something to say that would not cause him to dislike me more than he already does, or at least appears to. 

"I like your tatooes." I say out of the blue. Even though I don't have any, I have come to recongize that is look pretty good on him, I have always wanted to get one of my own, but every time I made the move too, I chickened out or something came up.

"I don't care."

"Okay then," I sigh as we pull onto the student parking lot in the school. "Thanks for the charming  ride accompined by your charming attitude." I mummer sarcastically once the car is placed in park and I am able to make my way out the vehicle. Once I am outside in the cool weather conditions I slam the door, and leaving him in the heated interior.

I dismiss him from my brain as I walk up to the gate and stare at it. I felt a stare on me but I gave it no attention, people were always going to gawk at the new girl.

I could do this.

I gave my self a mental pep talk and shoved to doors open.

Nellie Hollinder has arrived.