Chapter 1 - A Baby Sitter?

Chapter 1

A Baby Sitter?

Your POV:

"I've decided to take a job, just to try it out and see how it is. The issue is, it's a state away. I can't drive back and forth each day, so I'd be staying in an apartment there. The thing is, I would be gone for... the whole summer."

I choked on my drink, slamming it down onto the table and pounding my chest while coughing violently. My little sister handed me a napkin, and I continued to cough for a few minutes before I had finally calmed down.

"The whole summer?" I repeated. My mother nodded. 

"It is a good opportunity for me, (Y/N). Whether I like the job or not, I am getting paid a lot to do this for the summer," she replied. I laughed. My mother was losing her mind. 

"And I'm supposed to take care of Katie for the whole summer? She's my little sister, mom, not my child." 

My mother rolled her eyes at me. "Due to past experience with leaving you alone and you throwing a party and trashing the house, no, you will not be taking care of her alone for the whole summer. I have decided to hire a babysitter."

My eyes widened. I was 18 years old and I had to have a babysitter? For the whole goddamn summer?

I shook my head slowly and stood up. "I'm 18 years old mom. I get that Katie needs a babysitter she's only 9 but I'm an adult!" I hissed. 

"Sit back down young lady. This is happening whether you like it or not. I am leaving in 3 days and I am on the search for a sitter right now. There are no but's about it," my mother roared. I sighed deeply, melting back down into my seat.

"This blows," I muttered to myself.