Chapter 8 - Virgin Girl

Chapter 8

Virgin Girl

Your POV:

Since we had to leave the beach early and Katie was pissed off about it, Mark agreed to let us go to the mall and hang around for a bit. This also gave me some time to forget about the incident at the beach. I purchased a few new outfits and Katie roped Mark into buying her a few new toys. Mark also bought a nice new black and red flannel. 

When we got back home, it was about 8 o'clock pm. Katie wasn't tired yet, so Mark and I had to entertain her until bedtime. We all agreed on having a small campfire in the back yard. Everyone got changed up into something comfortable. Katie got on sweatpants and a t-shirt, I pulled on my jeans and a long sleeve shirt and Mark put on jeans along with the flannel shirt he had just bought. It looked good on him.

Our backyard wasn't huge, but it was a decently sized area with a tall wooden fence wrapped around it. I liked our yard, but a lot of the space was taken up by our large in-ground pool. Not that I minded that much, I spent a lot of time swimming whenever I got the chance.

We slid open the sliding glass door and stepped out onto the patio which had the fire ring and some camp chairs surrounding it. I flipped on the dim patio lights and the pool lights to help make the back yard more visible. Mark made the fire and it didn't take long for it to grow into large flames. We sat around the fire relaxing for about ten minutes before Katie announced she was bored. Mark agreed to play a game of tag with her.

I watched as they sped around the yard, chasing each other and screaming 'YOU'RE IT' every so often. I smiled, watching them play. After about 20 minutes, Katie admitted to being tired. She gave me a hug goodnight before leading Mark into the house with her. I watched as her bedroom light flicked on upstairs. It stayed on for a few minutes before Mark closed her blind shut off the light.

He came out of the house a few moments later holding two glasses of coke. He set them down on the table next to his chair and sat down. He looked over to me and half smiled/half smirked before patting his lap. I smiled before shaking my head. 

"What if Katie sees?" I asked. He chuckled quietly, patting his lap again. 

"She fell asleep as soon as I tucked her in. We're alone."

I giggled quietly, getting up from my seat and stepping over to Mark who placed his hands on my hips gently, pulling me down onto his lap. My legs straddled his lap, my knees pressed against the back of the chair, locking Mark into place. My hands rested on his shoulders as his hands slowly caressed up and down my sides. The fire felt warm on my back. I could see the reflection of the orange and red flames in his eyes. The dry wood crackled as it burned, sending up small pieces of bark floating into the sky, glowing with orange heat. The dim light of the patio and the pool lights set the scene for romance.

I reluctantly removed one of my hands from Mark's shoulder and grabbed one of the glasses off the table. I put the glass to my lips before Mark said: "Hold on." 

I moved the glass away from my mouth, giving him a confused face. He smiled and laughed quietly. "You might not want to drink that. It's my glass. I spiked the coke for a little extra taste." 

I rolled my eyes before taking a big gulp and setting the glass back on the table, all while Mark stared at me with a half amazed/half confused face. The drink went down smoothly, leaving a noticeable extra flavor. Whiskey.

Mark laughed quietly, relaxing back into his seat. I smiled, placing my hand back onto his shoulder. "What? You don't think I can drink?" I teased. He shook his head. 

"I assumed you could since you were a party girl. Just don't tell your mom... she would kill me," He begged. I giggled and nodded. He smiled in return, sitting up some and made eye contact before leaning in and kissing me deeply.