Chapter 6 - Help You

Chapter 6

Fix You

Your POV:

The rain was still pouring down rapidly as we pulled into the driveway. Mark turned off the car and looked in the mirror. 

"Your sister is passed out," He whispered. I giggled quietly and nodded. 

"Yes, I know." 

He grinned before pulling his hand away from mine reluctantly and exiting the car. I smiled to myself. He held my hand the whole way home. I was really starting to warm up to the whole 'hot guy as my babysitter' thing.

I got out of the car and stepped over to the driver's side. He fumbled around in the backseat before gently picking up my sleepy sister. He removed her from the car, holding her bridal style. He kicked the car door lightly, closing it as he made his way over to the front door. I hurried behind him, grasping his leather jacket on my shoulders. 

I unlocked the door quickly and shuffled in, clicking on the living room light. Mark swiftly kicked off his shoes while he spoke. "I'm going to put Katie to bed and then change out of these clothes. I'll be in to check on you in a few minutes."

I nodded, following him upstairs. He took a right into Katie's room as I continued down the hallway and entered my own room, closing the door behind me.

The wet clothes stuck to my body as I peeled them off, layer by layer. I hadn't noticed until now that I still had Mark's jacket. I held it up, looking it over a few times before laying it down neatly on my bed. Bad boys are always mistakes.

"He's not a bad boy, he just looks like one," The angel on one of my shoulders reasoned.

"That's what you thought about HIM," The devil on my other shoulder hissed.

"Well, maybe you should loosen up a bit. Mark doesn't seem like that kind of guy."

"You thought that about HIM too."

"Mark treats me nicely. He showed me kindness."

"So did HE, at first. You know what happened after."

"Mark can be different, he makes me comfortable, not fearful."

"But are you willing to take that risk?" The demon reprimanded.

A light knock at my bedroom door jumped me out of my thoughts. "Hold on just a second," I answered, throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. "Alright, you can come in." 

Mark turned the handle and pushed open the door. He leaned against the doorway, rubbing a towel through his black locks at an attempt to dry his hair. I looked him up a down for a moment.

His choice of sleepwear was similar to mine - sweatpants and a t-shirt. My heart started to beat slightly faster as my eyes brushed across his tan skin and his muscly arms. Somewhere under that t-shirt was a six-pack, and I knew it. 

He finished drying his hair before tossing the towel to me. I began to dry my own hair as he watched me, his shoulder resting on the doorframe, leaning against the doorway. I avoided his gaze as I paced my room slowly, trying my best to eliminate the awkward silence.

"Is there anything I can do to help before you go to sleep?" Mark asked. I shook my head. 

"I'm alright, thank you," I responded. I finished drying my hair and threw the towel into the laundry basket. I turned to my bed and picked up his leather jacket before meeting him over by the doorway. "Here, I figured you would want this back," I stated, holding it out for him to take.