Chapter 7 - Face Your Fears

Chapter 7

Face Your Fears

Your POV:

For the next few days after our encounter, Mark got really good at giving me smirks and winks when Katie had her back turned. He was very sneaky about every move, and he usually received a giggle and my reddened face in return. He continued his great care with Katie and me but gave me special treatment whenever he could. 

This included doing things like watching movies until sunrise and eating ice-cream sundaes at 3 am. We tried our best to behave ourselves, but sometimes we couldn't help it and made out a bit. Although he had dulled my anxiety around him a decent amount, I could only keep my lips on his for a few seconds at most before the bad memories returned. I could tell he felt disappointed, but I just couldn't handle it mentally. 

Even though he was disappointed, he never forced me to do anything. Instead, he comforted me and told me 'it's alright' and 'it just takes time'. Even at times when I got frustrated at myself for not being able to have lips-on-lips contact for more than a few seconds without a panic attack, he made sure I knew it wasn't my fault, and that the anxiety would eventually fade, as long as we worked through it together.

My door swung open, almost hitting the wall as Katie broke into my room and jumped onto my bed, shaking my shoulders violently until I woke up. Usually, this type of wake up call would send me into a panic. However, I was starting to be a little less jumpy than I used to be.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes and groaning. "Katie what the hell it's only 8," I grouched. 

I heard someone clear their throat, followed by a voice saying: "Watch your language, little lady." 

I smiled, looking over to Mark who was leaning against my doorway once again. He was dressed a little differently, and it took me a few moments to realize what was going on. He stood there, tall and handsome, dressed in a black tank top, flip flops and orange-fading-to-yellow swim shorts. A pair of sunglasses sat on his head, slightly smoothing down his wild hair. My stomach sank. 

This isn't good.

Katie giggled, repeating Mark's words, making fun of me. "Yeah, 'little ladyyyy' watch your language," she cooed. I smiled, shoving Katie off of my bed gently. She giggled in response, rolling around on the floor. Mark chuckled quietly. 

"Katie, don't irritate your sister. Go ahead downstairs and get something to eat. I need to speak to your sister." Katie nodded, skipping out of my room and tumbling down the stairs.

Mark watched for a few seconds behind his shoulder, being sure she was gone before stepping into my room and over to the side of my bed. He leaned down, biting his lip before kissing me gently. My face reddened and my heart beat out of my chest, in a good way. He pulled away before standing up and crossing his arms comfortably. 

"Good morning, beautiful. Sorry for the early wake-up call. We're headed to the beach as soon as you can get ready," He stated. 

My face went a little pale, but I was able to shake it off before he noticed. "Yeah... okay. I'll be down in a few minutes," I said, faking an excited voice. 

He looked at me skeptically before shrugging it off and heading downstairs.

I climbed out of bed, gathered my swimsuit and white coverup before heading to the bathroom. I stared in the mirror, hesitating before pulling on my black bikini. As I did it, I avoided looking into the mirror and held a hand over my stomach. I didn't want to look. I wish it wasn't there. Leave it to me to never buy a one-piece fucking bathing suit.

I quickly pulled on my cover-up and grabbed a pair of flip flops and a towel before heading downstairs. I shot Zoe a quick text to let her know I was going to the beach. I giggled at her silly response.