23 London girl

Free hugs, anyone?

***

March 8

Maddy BFF: Happy Women's Day, Eva! 🤗

Eva <3: Thanks, Mads! Same to you too.

Maddy BFF: Wish u were here. We would so rock the town 2nite.

Eva <3: Or better yet, hire a limo around the Gold Coast and guzzle up some Moët. 😉

Maddy BFF: I've got a surpriz!

Eva <3: A surprise?

Maddy BFF: You've got a bank holiday and a short break in May, right?

Eva <3: Yeah... ???

Maddy BFF: Little Britain, here I come! ✈️

Eva <3: U serious?

Maddy BFF: Sure am, hon. We're rockin' London together! 🇬🇧

Eva <3: OMFG, no way!

Maddy BFF: Yes way!

May 4

True to her word, Maddy came to London to spend time with her long-lost soul sister (yeah, me) who was close to the finishing line with her MBA.

"Wow, tiny place" Maddy stated the obvious, when she walked into my room.

"I won't be here long," I nonchalantly responded.

"Is that a kiddie mattress?" Maddy wrinkled her nose at the sight of her tiny makeshift floor bed shoved next to mine.

"Yeah, you'll survive. Look at it as a trendy futon. It's the latest craze" I shrugged my shoulders and closed the door.

"It's so good to see your face." Maddy plonked herself down on my bed and grinned.

"I'm so glad to see you too. Mads, do you know that I'm this close to finishing grad school?" I pinched a snippet of excitement from the air with my thumb and forefinger, enthusiastically grinning like a model in a 1950s print ad.

"Cool bananas! Way to go, girl! How's life tutoring undergrads?" she asked.

"It's a part-time job that generates a bit of income." I rolled my shoulders and stretched my lazy arms.

"How is Eva behind the wall? Have you turned into the Night King yet? Should I have brought my obsidian spear?"

I cracked up at Maddy's Game of Thrones reference.

"I'm fine, Arya Stark." I sat next to her, smiled, and looked up to the ceiling.

"Really? Even without Sven?" Maddy quizzically stared at me.