18 The deep end

Mood: swipe left and tap the media box above to listen to Free Spirit by Khalid. ⭐️

***

"Sven!"

The music was too loud for him to hear me, and he was busy giving instructions to Yasmina, who passed a shot glass to a third bartender.

"SVEN!!" I tried again, screaming at the top of my lungs amid the thirsty clubbers who aimed to grab his attention.

The vixen, Yasmina, who could have landed a starring role in Coyote Ugly, turned and gazed at me. She then tapped Sven's shoulder and pointed at me.

Thank you, Yas! You're my angel.

Sven walked to me and placed both hands on the bar counter.

"What's up, babe?" He stared into my eyes intensely, keeping them captive, as they melted into his.

"Can we talk? Can you take a short break?" I pleaded, with whatever air I had left in my lungs.

"Wait a minute," he answered, before turning his back on me to talk with Yas. I watched his hands and lips move, and she responded with a nod, her eyes darting at me first and then back at Sven. He moved toward me, leaned across the counter, and revealed a lopsided grin.

"I've got five minutes, babe. Where do you want to go?" Sven asked.

"How about down the street in the park area near City Hall? It's nearby," I suggested.

"C'mon, then. We've gotta make this quick." Sven dashed around the bar, grabbed my hips, and planted a kiss on my lips. I took his hand and began our migration out of the rowdy club.

Less than a minute later, we stood outside City Hall, near a park bench. The wind was cool, but not chilly. I smelled a blend of the night air combined with fresh sausages from the fast food van by the building.

"Sven, I need to know... You tried to tell me something earlier today, but I was too far gone, catching up on my forty winks," I started. "What were you trying to say?"

Sven's face lit up with a smile that could outshine a full, bright moon on a dark, cloudless night.

"Eva, I went to the Norwegian consulate, and we have options!"

"What? Really?"

"Eva, will you move to Norway to be with me after you finish your MBA?"

"What?"

"Will you move to Norway—"

"I heard you the first time!"

"Then why did you—"

"Shhh! Let me kiss you!" I was a sharp, little arrow shooting myself straight at my tall, solid Viking, who stumbled out of surprise.

My lips pressed against his, and he took it as an invite, deepening the kiss with hungry, feverish passion.

"Tell me. Do you really want this?" I broke the kiss with my curiosity.

"Yes, with all my heart. I hope you want it too." Sven took my hand and placed it on his heart.

"What information did you get from the consulate office?"

"You can apply for a full work permit, but you will need to get full-time employment with a company who will sponsor you for this type of visa, and there's no certainty with this," he went on.

"I checked on your company's website that there's an office in Oslo. Is that correct?" Sven pondered.

I was already a step ahead of Sven, but you've got to love the guy for trying.