26 Courthouse Rock

Mood: Ho Hey by The Lumineers. It's my daughter's favorite song.

Eva

Eva

Sven and I married at the Oslo courthouse on a rainy, summer afternoon on July 31.

He looked dapper and sharp, from head to toe, in a classic dark-gray suit, matching tie, and shiny black Oxford shoes. He was dressed to break hearts, spare mine.

To complement Sven, I rocked up in a midnight black Badgley Mischka minidress, and, of course, my ebony Louboutin pumps.

Did you think that I would wear a traditional white wedding dress? Come on.

Black symbolizes power, sensuality, mystery, authority, and strength. I was the woman in black on our wedding day.

Sven

Hei, hei. It's me again. I've taken the gavel away from Eva—you see, we talk about equal love, equal pay, equal rights...how about a share of the last chapter?

Eva

Fine, Sven.

Carry on, please. Oh, and here's your silly gavel again.

Sven

Thanks, Eva. I laughed at your reference to being the Woman in Black on our wedding day because it's actually a fucking freaky horror movie with the dude who plays Harry Potter.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't want to have you any other way than as you are. To me, we are two people who share the same values, and I love you.

Eva

Can I continue the story? You promised me I can have the last chapter to myself.

Sven

No, I did no such thing. I promised that you'll have your chance to shine in the last chapter.

Eva

Readers, ever since I told Sven that I was writing a book about him, he decided to—

Sven

I decided to contribute.

Eva

Stop grinning, because it's not funny.

Fly on the wall

These two are honestly making me nauseous. I was at the wedding, and followed them home, but I wish I hadn't. Let's just mute them while I finish this story.

So, to recap their wedding, Eva wore a stunningly exquisite obsidian dress, while Sven was Scandinavia's Christian Grey, eagerly dreaming of some light bondage involving handcuffs and a blindfold for his wedding night.

Eva didn't mention that she tripped on her Louboutins on the way up the stairs to the judge's office. We can thank Sven for being there to catch her grip and ensure that she didn't take a tumble down the flight of stairs.