20 Sunshine of my life

Mood: tap the media box above and enjoy the tunes of Stevie Wonder's You are the Sunshine of My Life. Enjoy this timeless song!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
— Winston Churchill

"Hey, where is Sven?" I asked Walt, as I approached him

"Hey, where is Sven?" I asked Walt, as I approached him. Determination fired in my eyes.

"Oh, he was just over here, but he went to look for you, I think. You may want to try the dance area near the band. He headed that way," Walt answered.

"Okay. If he comes back, tell him I'm trying to find him," I instructed.

"No problems, Ma'am," Walt saluted me, waving two fingers from his forehead.

As I cut my way through the lavish circle of high society, I noticed an attractive, tall, dark-haired beauty whispering into Sven's ear near the dance area. She caressed his jaw, then pulled her head back in flirtatious laughter.

Fucking hell, not again, I thought.

Right at that point, Sven's eyes locked with mine in bewilderment. I turned away and sprinted from the crowd, to a place on top of the mountain that served as both my challenge and my sanctuary.

"Eva, wait!" I heard Sven's voice call after me, but it only triggered me to pick up the pace and walk hurriedly to the gazebo, which looked out to the entire city.

"EVA!" Sven's lungs gave out, but I kept marching.

I didn't turn back, and was determined to take the challenge, as I reached the gazebo.

I breathed heavily, while taking in the cool breeze, and absorbed the wondrous sight of my home city. My fingers nervously tapped the gazebo railing.

I was on a mission: to conquer my fear.

My heart raced as I faced my fear of heights, which I suffered for years. This exhilarating feeling of being on top of the world was liberating. I needed to be here and to do this alone.