Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

DREI'S POV

When Hevin and I were still kids, we used to be so close. Halos hindi ko na nga namalayan kung ano ang tunay na dahilan ng paglalayo ng loob naming dalawa. Ang natatandaan ko lang ay dahil naging busy na siya sa ibang mga bagay tulad ng kinahihiligan niyang sports na softball at ng matalik niyang kaibigan na si Ivan.

Back then, ay wala akong naging kaibigan. I felt like she left me all alone when she grew up. Yung pakiramdam na iniwan niya ako sa ere. During those times, kay Hevin talaga ako nakaramdam ng pagkagaan ng loob dahil halos pareho kami ng sitwasyo at naranasan sa buhay.

Hindi naman lingid sa kaalaman ng lahat na both of our fathers used to be gay in the past. At pareho rin kaming hindi nakaligtas sa pambubully ng mga tao at masasakit na mga salita dahil sa kakaibang pamilya namin pareho. In short, kay Hevin ako nakakuha ng lakas ng loob at dahilan upang magpatuloy lang sa buhay. I always remember what she used to tell me before, "You don't have to worry about what others think and say about you, sabi nga ng mommy ko, wala naman daw tayong ginagawang masama at hindi tayo nakakasakit ng iba. Kaya don't feel sad na, Lei."

I smiled at the thought, "She's the only girl who could actually call me with that cheeky name." Nagagalit pa ako sa ibang tao kapag tinatawag nila ako sa second name ko. Palagi ko kasing hinihintay si Hevin na tawagin ako sa ganoong pangalan. But until now, I am still waiting.

And that waiting just comes in vain. She never came back. She became someone whom I never used to know. She became so unreachable to me. And that was the time that I finally decided to change on my own. Na I should never live in the past anymore. That I should just live my life on my own without depending on anyone else.

And just when I start to convince myself to move on, that's when the time that I heard the news that both of our parents decided to have us marry each other. Like, what the hell? Moving on is definitely not an easy process. And when I have finally reached the finish line, that's when time that they should also tell me that I should go back to the starting line. Are they fuck*ng kidding me?

"Anak, are you sure na hindi ka na magpapahatid sa bago ninyong bahay ni Hevin?" napukaw ang atensyon ko nang marinig ko ang boses ni Mama.

Hindi ko namalayang malalim na pala ang iniisip ko kung kaya't hindi ko na siya napansin na pumasok sa kwarto ko.

Umiling ako, "No need, Ma. I can handle myself. Besides, Hevin's yaya Seling is there naman to help us fix our things. So you don't need to bother yourself."

My mom's right. Since the wedding is done, I am about to transfer to our house tonight since my dad said this is really needed for our great grandparents to see that we are serious about the wedding. Yes, it's not really our parents who decided to marry us off but, both of our great grandparents were the ones who actually talked to each other and planned this whole thing.

From what I've heard, Mamu (dad's grandmother) was the one who really planned this out. She talked to Tito Marvin's grandparents to have a deal about the business. And the finale just ended with the idea of me and Hevin having to get married to each other. And the rest was history.

"Drei, hijo! Andito ka na pala. Kanina ka pa hinihintay ni Hevin sa hapag-kainan. Sabay na daw kayong--"

"Yaya!" I heard Hevin screamed as if she wants to stop Yaya Seling from what she was saying.

Napatakip nalang ng bibig ang ginang at saka tinulungan akong ipasok ang mga gamit ko sa loob. I didn't bother to bring my driver since I do have the license to drive alone naman at halos neighbours lang din kami from our original houses since iisang subdivision lang ang tinitirhan namin. Our parents both decided this since they would still like us to finish study before something happens "daw".