Chapter Seven-Asher

A/N: Hello, Lovelies, 

Here is the second chapter to the double update.  I hope you enjoy it and if you do, please vote.  Also, I would like to know your thoughts...Please put those in the comments.  

Warnings for this chapter include: Drinking, language and some real caveman behavior.  If any of this is something that would disturb you, please don't read this chapter.  

Thank you for reading.

- XXXX Amanda

**********

As soon as I stepped into the party, I knew I didn't want to be there. I had stopped for something to eat which gave the party time to get started. The house was overflowing with people. Girls turned to me taking in my appearance with that look on their faces. All of them wanted more than I could give them, and it was becoming tiring. Their faces were beginning to blend together, and I couldn't honestly say if I had been with one of them already.

Lance moved toward me, his grin perfect and white. His arms spread wide. Some of the girls who had been checking me out turned their attention to him.

"Hello, asshole," he said, his grin denting his dimples into his cheeks.

"Dickhead," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Every girl on campus is here tonight," he said, laughing as he led me through the crowd, stopping only to push a red cup in my hand.

"Not every girl," I said as my mind drifted to Lena. I shook my head trying to push her image from my mind.

"Really?" He said, as if knowing exactly who I was thinking of he pointed toward a table. I turned in the direction he was pointing, my mouth dropping as the cup he'd given me fell from my hand. Suddenly, I was pissed off as I blinked trying to convince my mind that my eyes were lying but there she was...Lena. She was swaying on the table in a way that I had seen only as she danced around when she thought no one was watching.

"What the hell is she doing here?" I asked as Lance raised his brows.

"She said you invited her," He shrugged and I had but now, I was seriously regretting that decision.

"What is she doing here by herself?" I amended gritting it out between clenched teeth.

"Having fun," he said, laughing when I glared at him.

"Her brother is going to kill me," I said, knowing it was a weak excuse. Jay wouldn't blame me when she was here well before me.

My eyes widened as her hand moved to the hem of her shirt. I moved as quickly as I could but a flash of her abdomen still met my gaze. I grabbed her hand to keep her from pulling it further up.

A frown marred her brow as she glanced down at me. Her eyes glazed and her lips pursed. I jerked her hand and she fell into my arms. The scent of liquor assaulted me. How much did she fucking drink?

She squeezed her eyes closed and then, opened them to stare into my face. For a moment, she looked angry, "Asher, what the hell?" Her words were slurred.

"That's exactly what I want to know," I said, helping her to her feet, "Come on...Let's go. You aren't staying here."

She jerked away from me, her eyes narrowing in defiance, "I want to stay," she said twisting her body away from me, but I wrapped my arm around her waist to keep her from going too far.

"Let her stay," Lance said, laughing as he moved closer.

"Lena, so help me, I will make you leave if I have to," I said, my temper rising. She turned those grey green eyes on me narrowing her gaze.

My mouth dropped open when she raised her hand and flipped me off. Lance chuckled and I shot him a look that told him I would deck him if he kept egging her on.

"I think I want to hang out with him," she said, pointing toward him with a wave of her hand, "He's just as pretty as you are but he isn't being an asshole."

What the fuck did she just say to me? Lance grinned motioning her over to him and she took a staggering step away from me in his direction. Oh fuck no. I grabbed her arm turning her toward me. She looked up at me, her eyes flashing as she took in my face. She opened her mouth to say something else, but I didn't let her because whatever it was would certainly piss me off further. Instead, I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.

"Let her stay," Lance chuckled as we passed, "She's fun."

"Let me go," she said, her voice slurring even more. She started to struggle, and I slapped her ass stunning her into staying still. It shocked me when she moaned the sound travelling straight to my dick and I almost dropped her. Fuck! This was the last thing I needed tonight.

I moved past Lance and I felt her lift her head, "Goodnight, fun beautiful one."

What the hell? She did not know him.

"Come back any time you want," he said, causing me to grit my teeth. Fuck that! That wasn't going to happen.

I smacked her ass again as she struggled almost making me drop her again and moved out the door of the party. I opened my car door before placing her in the front passenger seat before taking my seat behind the wheel. Lance shook his head from the door. Damn it...He was going to take her on as a challenge. I saw it in his eyes. I groaned as she gripped the door handle.

"Don't even think about it, Lena," I said, snapping, "I will chase you."

For a moment, she narrowed her eyes, thinking about her chances and then, crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. I turned the key in the ignition. As long as she was quiet, I didn't give a damn. I had to get her home where she was safe and deal with Lance's scheming ass tomorrow because if he touched Lena, I was going to have to kill him.

**********

As we turned onto our street, Lena finally spoke. Her forehead was resting against the window, "I can't go home," she said so softly that I almost didn't hear her.

"What?" I asked, blinking at her confused.

"I said, I can't go home," She said a little louder, "Jay will lose his shit."

I sighed, "You can stay at my house," I said, knowing it was a bad idea, but I couldn't convince myself not to help her, "In the guest room."

She didn't answer me, and I realized she had passed out. I sighed as I parked the car and went to my front door to unlock it before returning to the car. I lifted her gently into my arms. She didn't wrap her arms around me. Instead, she curled into me, her hands against my chest. My heart was pounding as I pulled her closer to me taking her inside and depositing her on the bed in the guest room but as I began to pull away, one of her arms snaked around my neck, pulling me closer. Her lips pressed against mine, shocking me when her tongue traced my bottom lip. I pulled her arms from around me and backed away, my emotions roiling through me. I was pissed off...Pissed off that she went to the party and got drunk...Pissed that a number of guys there could have hurt her...Pissed off at her defiance when I was trying to keep her safe...Pissed that Lance now had an interest in her and pissed I couldn't return that kiss because it would be a total asshole move.

A soft sigh escaped her lips, tempting me and I damn near ran from the room, knowing I couldn't leave her alone intoxicated in the house. I turned toward my own bedroom realizing that I wouldn't be able to sleep with her so close. When the morning came, she would be gone but before she left, I was going to make sure she never did anything like this again.