Chapter Fifteen-Asher

Hello Lovelies, 

I hope you are all having a wonderful day.  I would like to thank all of those who have read, voted, commented and added my books to your library.  It means so much to me that my books are enjoyed.  Whether you know it or not, before I was on Wattpad, I missed this connection with people when it came to my writing.  So, thank you for bringing that back!  I know I thank people a lot but it's going to continue because I can not thank you enough.

I do need a little extra help.  If you look above the wonderfully talented @_itz_shifana has made three beautiful covers for me.  I want to use one for my book and since I can't make a decision (Blame it on me being a fickle Gemini) I would like you, my readers to do it for me.  Help me out with this problem.  Pretty please.  Though I've thanked her a lot, I would like to thank the designer again. Whichever design gets the most votes will be the new cover.  

Also, there will be two chapters released today.  I hope you enjoy them both.

Warnings in this chapter: Afterglow of sex, Language and some mild caveman activity.  If any of this disturbs you skip this chapter.

-XXXX Amanda

 ***********

I rolled from her, her breathing was still coming fast. Sweat coated her skin and her eyes were closed. I bit my bottom lip because now that it was over, I braced myself for her to tell me she was leaving and not coming back. I hated that I felt powerless in this decision, but I knew that she was the one who would make the ultimate choice.

"Friends?" I asked when she didn't say anything, hating the suspense but fearing the answer too.

Her eyes opened as a smile played across her lips, "Best friends," she said and then, winced. It didn't take a psychic to realize that she was thinking of Barrett and that was definitely not where I wanted her mind to be.

I traced her jaw with the tips of my fingers hoping to bring her mind back to me instead of him. Her eyes moved over my face.

"You're fucking amazing," I said causing her to roll her eyes, but the smile returned.

"Is that one of your lines?" She asked with a giggle.

I narrowed my eyes at her hating that she couldn't see past the womanizer, "I only give compliments to those who deserve them."

"Well, then thank you," she said, grinning widely. Her beautiful eyes sparkled causing my heart to clench. I wanted her to smile...to laugh more often.

My lips tilted into a grin, "Maybe we should talk about the rules of our friendship."

"Obviously, we keep it secret," she said, raising her brows, "No one is supposed to know...Which means that you should probably stop forcing me out of parties. People are getting suspicious."

I narrowed my eyes hating that she was still considering stepping into those parties, "You're still going to go?"

"To every single one," she said raising her brow in challenge, "And that brings me to my rule. You're not allowed to tell me what to do. I want to make friends and Lance-"

"I already told you Lance isn't your friend," I said, seething but trying not to show it, "He's just trying to get into your panties."

"It's still my decision on whether I allow him to do that," she said, frowning. I gritted my teeth. I was going to have to do something about him before he made me kill him.

"Fine," I said, glaring at my ceiling, brooding, "Also, kissing and flirting is not when we stop this but sex with another person."

Her lips twitched but her eyes remained on me, "Fine with me," she said but for some reason, I felt like I was walking into a trap.

"Since we're friends and not simply people who fall into bed together, we do things friends do," I said, frowning, "Like speak to each other and hang out. If we avoid each other, my friends will know what's going on. So, we have to acknowledge each other at the parties and be seen conversing or hanging out in other places."

"I can do that," she said and then, she bit her bottom lip, "And you can't get mad at me for leaving after we...are done."

I groaned, "Why do you want to leave afterwards?"

"Why do you want me to stay?" She asked, frowning.

I winced, "Fine...I won't get mad if you leave," I said, frowning, "And the final rule...If either of us has anything beyond feelings of friendship and lust, we call it off."

She nodded, her eyes traveling toward my ceiling once again, "Deal."

I swallowed, as my eyes traveled over her face causing my heart to squeeze because something told me that our friendship would be short-lived. I just hope I didn't end up hurting her in the long run.

**********

I walked into the party that night, trying not to find Lena as soon as I stepped inside the doors. Nick and his girlfriend, Macy were the first to greet me. Nick gave me his normal wide grin while Macy sneered.

"Hey, man," Nick said, lifting his chin toward me, "I haven't seen you in a few days. Have you been holed up with some chick?"

"More like chicks," Macy said, rolling her eyes before giving me a scathing look. I guess I couldn't blame her for hating me. I had fucked a couple of her friends and they had cried to her.

I shrugged, not wanting to argue with her tonight and patted Nick on the shoulder, "I'll see you later."

I moved through the crowd, grabbing a red cup filled with vodka beginning to relax when I still hadn't seen Lena. Maybe she didn't come tonight...But as soon as the thought crossed my mind, her laughter reached me, causing me to turn.

She hadn't seen me yet, leaving me free to glare at my best friend who was sitting close enough to her to be a second skin. I took a few deep breaths before making my way to them.

Lance saw me first. His blue eyes sparkled, "Asshole!" he called out a smirk stretching across his face as he dropped an arm around her shoulders. My hand curled into a fist, wanting nothing more than to break his arm.

"Dickhead," I said, surprised my voice was steady and then, took a drink of the vodka.

"You here to drag Lena away again?" He asked, raising a brow in challenge.

I glanced at Lena who stiffened as her eyes moved from me to Lance, "Not at the moment," I said, glancing at Lena, "Jay has no problem with her being here and as it has been so recently pointed out to me, she can do what she wants so my days as a babysitter is over."

Lance grinned and then, leaned over and whispered something in her ear that I couldn't hear. His lips brushed over her skin there and my blood boiled as Lena giggled.

"I think he'd still give me a ride home if I got drunk," she said, raising her brows, "So, no I won't need a ride home tonight."

"I promised Jay," I said, giving her a smile that I hoped didn't show my relief.

"Let me know if you change your mind," he said, wiggling his brows as he rose from his seat, "It would be a pleasure to give you a ride."

Lena blushed reminding me how innocent she was because she didn't catch the double meaning, "Thank you, beautiful, fun one," she said, causing me to narrow my eyes at her nickname for him.

Lance winked at her, his smug smile spreading across his face. I realized he already thought he was on the way to her bed. What he didn't know was I would gladly kill him before that happened even after she was done with me.