Chapter Twenty-Lena

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you for joining me today and thank you all for just being great!  

I do have a little news.  I am done plotting a new book called Beautiful Darkness.  I have written the first chapter.  It will be out in July.  Beautiful Darkness will be a dark romance though it will not be paranormal.  However, it will have the same ambience as Twisted Souls.  The lead characters are named Jade and Macon.  This story will be mature.  I will make sure to tell you the themes that will be involved in the story when it comes out in the description.  For those interested, the cover for Beautiful Darkness is above.  I hope you like it.  

Again thank you so much for reading.  If you like this chapter, please consider giving it a star.  Comments are appreciated.  If you have any questions, ask either in the comments or send me a message.  

-XXXX Amanda

**********

I sat in the booth in Mike's Diner, my back sinking into the plush red seat as I glanced around the dining room, taking in the booths full of college students. The place was busy as it often was which meant that many of Asher's conquests were there and a few were sitting in a neighboring table glaring at me. I shifted uncomfortably as Asher glanced up from the menu in front of him.

I shook my head before glancing at him with a raised brow, "Why do I feel like I'm about to get murdered?"

He turned toward the girls and glared, causing them to cast their glances elsewhere, "They won't do shit," he said, his voice harsh but I gave him a dry look not believing him.

I shook my head suddenly curious, "Why do you do it?"

He frowned as his eyes tracked over my face, "Do what?"

"Sleep around," I asked, tilting my head.

He narrowed his eyes, "Why did you want to have your cherry popped?" He asked lowering his voice so no one else could hear him.

I grabbed a menu, "I told you," I said, squaring my shoulders, "I was tired of being sweet, innocent Lena."

He shook his head, "There's more to it," He said, studying my face and I realize he wouldn't let the question go unanswered.

"If I answer, will you answer my question?" I asked, raising my brows in challenge. Either he answered my question, or he didn't make me answer his. Either way, I would count it as a small victory.

He tilted my head, taking in my face, "If it's truthful."

"Fine. Barrett told his girlfriend that he was worried I would hide from life," I said, wincing as I said his name, trying to ignore the tightness in my chest at his memory, "I realized he was right. I have sat there my whole life watching everyone else live simply because I was afraid. I'm not going to do that anymore."

He was silent as I studied me, another question clear in his eyes.

"Your turn," I said before he could ask, my eyes stayed on him causing him to shift uncomfortably, "I was in a relationship from seventh grade until a year ago with a girl named Ellis," he narrowed his eyes, "She cheated on me with a guy who had been my best friend since childhood."

"I'm assuming Lance isn't that friend," I said, frowning because though I knew Lance could be a womanizer, I didn't see him doing such a horrible thing to his friend.