Chapter Twenty-Two-Lena

Hello, Lovelies,

I am officially back from my vacation!  I want to thank everyone for being patient and wonderful while I have been refreshing my mind.  I also want to thank you for reading my books which is one of the biggest reasons I joined Wattpad.  Also, thank you for voting and commenting as well as messaging, adding my books to your libraries and telling people about me.  I love the interaction but it also reminds me I have people to continue writing for.  These things may seem minor to most but it means so much to me.

News:  On July 7th, I will be uploading the first chapter of Singed, the second book of The White Rose Vampire Series.  This will be Izzie and Jonathon's story.  On July 8th, I will be uploading the first chapter to Beautiful Darkness.  I hope you are looking forward to these books.  Also, Burned has a new cover.  I know my uploading schedule has been crazy but it will resume to normal schedule from this point on now that my vacation is over.  

Thank you again.  I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are appreciated.  If you have any questions, comment or send me a message.  

-XXXX Amanda

*************

Asher's breathing whispered through the room as I sighed, sitting up in his bed. I glanced around the room taking in the now familiar layout of it before turning to study him as he slept. His face was relaxed. The intensity that always seemed to mask his expression gone, leaving him vulnerable but I realized he was already vulnerable.

No matter how much he masked it, he was still in pain and the knowledge of that was breaking down my defenses. I turned from him, my heart thudding in my chest. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath because I knew I should end things. I was beginning to have feelings for him...Deep, confusing feelings but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I shook my head and moved to rise from the bed, but his arm snaked around my waist and pulled me to lay against him.

"Stay with me," he said his voice muffled against my hair, "I sleep better when you're here."

I swallowed. I realized it wasn't fair for him to say that. We weren't in a relationship but there were moments when it felt like we were, and I had to remind myself exactly what kind of relationship this was.

"That's not true," I said, keeping my voice even, "You're always snoring when I leave."

"I don't snore," he growled against the back of my head.

My lips twitched as the pain in my chest lifted, "Yes, you do," I said, grinning, "It's the real reason I don't stay."

He flipped me onto my back, his body hovering over mine. His blue eyes narrowed, "You stayed once."

"You exhausted me," I said, sighing dramatically, "I was so tired I couldn't hear a thing."

He quirked a brow, "Stay, Lena," he said but I shook my head, "We have classes tomorrow. I can't."

"Fine," he said, groaning as he laid back against the pillow.

I rose from the bed, finding my panties and pulling them on. Asher's eyes roamed over me as I continued to dress.

"What are you doing after school?" He asked, a frown across his face.

"Nothing," I said with a shrug, "Probably studying."

"Go to the movies with me tonight," he said, causing me to pause and raise a brow at him. Did he not realize that sounded like a date?