||The journey||

Panchali

"How did you get out?" Pramila asked as we walked through the woods.

"It was easy" I shrugged.

Charu narrowed her eyes "Easy? How?"

I side glanced at them while my lips curved into a sly smirk  "I did nothing"

Their frown just deepened as I resumed "Just mixed some herbs in her milk which she takes before sleep and she is probably still sleeping" I  felt a little bad but what could I possibly even do? Just because my mother didn't want it, miss the once in a life time opportunity Lord had blessed me with.

Was I being selfish?

Maybe a little...

"Say something" I insisted, was I that horrible?

And soon they broke into an ear splitting laughter

"You did what?? " Pramila asked between her laugh.

"You heard me, didn't you?"

"That's the first time you did anything right" Charu  grinned at me

I smiled, thanking God that they didn't find it offensive.

"Yes, your mother really deserved that, after your father died, she just changed... I mean literally changed " Pramila said

I sighed with a small nod. I was just three years old when my father died so I really didn't have any vivid memory of him, they remembered because they are slightly older than me, I was nineteen where as Charu and Pramila were twentytwo.

They were like my soul sisters, I loved them more than myself and obviously less than Arjun.

I laughed silently at my own little joke.

"Why are you smiling like an Idiot? " Charu asked narrowing her eyes.

"Nothing, but I think we should take rest now, we are in Dwarka and the Royal mansion isn't far from here," I said while trying to find a proper place to rest and soon found a huge banian tree and we made ourselves comfortable under it.

"By the way, you sure your mata wasn't kidding about the offer? " Charu asked.

I glared at her "I don't think so, I mean why would she prevent me from coming here in the first place and believe me she isn't a good actor, the only thing she is best at is yelling and getting angry" I said and giggled

They both were silent making me panicked

"You really think it was a prank? Then why did you join me? " I was slightly hurt as they thought I wasn't good enough to be chosen by Shri Krishna.

"It's not that" Pramila tried to reason

"It's okay, we will see tomorrow...let everything leave on Narayan"

I said and layed there and turned my face away from them

"Arjun! It's true right? I mean it couldn't be a prank, I was so excited hearing the news today, I didn't even judge it"

I sighed and closed my eyes hoping for a better tomorrow.
.
.
.
.

We started our journey early in the morning, I was a little pissed at them but they were too sweet and clever they started teasing me on Arjun, and I just forgot all my anger.

Now we are at the main city and it was like Vaykunth on earth. 

As we walked I squealed  "I am so excited"

Charu glared at me "We are in a public"

"Who cares?" I giggled but stopped hearing Pramila's voice

"Why are  people coming out of their houses and running here and there? Do they want to see us? "

I rolled my eyes.

Seriously?

I slapped her shoulder "of course not idiot, let's ask " I said

Charu nodded while Pramila pursed her lips.

I came near the crowd which was growing as more people continued to join them.

"Excuse me sister, why is everyone gathering here? " I asked a girl, probably in her early teen

"You don't know?" She exclaimed and people looked at me as if I were a criminal.

"Look here, this girl doesn't know who is coming" She almost yelled well she actually yelled.

"I—" I tried to find words so sensing my nervousness Charu helped me.

"We are new here, so we don't know," She said politely.

"It's alright dear, We all are here to have a glimpse of  Rajkumar Arjun" As the middle-aged lady spoke all I could hear was 'Rajkumar Arjun' and I froze.

I felt dizzy and numb.

"Oh okay thank you" Pramila said

They both placed a hand on my shoulder

"Di-did they just say Arjun?" I mumbled

"Yesss!" Pramila exclaimed in a whisper

I covered my mouth with my palms to stop myself from yelling but I failed and caught a few people's stern gazes, again

But who cared, my Arjun was coming and I was going to see him, this time for real, not in my dream, it would not be my imagination any more, it would be he, himself.

"Excuse me, excuse me" I said as I made my way to go to the front of the crowd.

"Areey.....What are you doing?" I heard some random complaining voices.

But again, who cares?

I finally reached the spot I wanted to be followed by my friends

"Panchali, will you please back away, we can't stand like this" Charu demanded

Who told them to come here? They could stay where they were.

"I won't. Now please stop, can you hear the horse? " I said clenching Pramila's hand

"Ouchh!"  She removed her hand from mine

"Sorry sorry" I giggled

"Can you please back away" I again heard Charu's voice.

"He will be in chariot anyway, so move a little" She elbowed me forcefully.

"No... " I said firmly. Even if he were on the chariot, I could touch it, okay maybe that's impossible but I still I wasn't ready to back away.

"See how people are excited to see him" Pramila whispered.

"Especially women" Charu said

I smiled

"Of course, it's Arjun, you are talking about," I said in a duh tone.

"There he is, There he is" I heard people's shouts and my heart jolted a bit.

He is here?  am I going to see him?

I followed their stares and settled my eyes on a dark figure with robust shoulder and sculpted chest sitting on a horseback. His curls danced with the wind's rhythm as he kept coming closer

And soon he was there...

He was wearing a white dhoti and upper garment, his hazel eyes were glistening with sheer confidence and intellect.

That's him, that's the person whose very thought could make my heart go wild, The person who made me laugh, who made me smile, who made me grinned who made me cry, who made me feel the happiest and saddest as well.

Hot tears welled up in my eyes as I whispered to myself  "My Arjun..."

I closed my eyes as he passed by me leaving me mesmerized as his spicy fragrance filled my senses. I inhaled deeply making sure it would stay with me as long as I my breath would.

. ...

Tada...
Here's another chapter

Vote and comment if you like 😄😊

Thank you
Love