Prologue

Spring 2012-Shortly after the Battle of New York

Lily struggled to breathe as her surroundings began to come back into focus around her. The ground had finally stopped shaking. She slowly rose to her feet and brushed the dirt off her new blue dress. According to her five year old mind, it was the most beautiful dress in the world. Even her daddy had said so.

The little girl shuddered as she felt something cold and wet squish between her toes. She looked down at her feet and realized she was missing one of her new shoes. She sighed. They had been silver and covered with glitter that had perfectly matched her dress. She paused again, confused. There hadn't been any mud at the dance. The floor there had been a sparkling white. Then again there had been a lot of people at the dance. Where could they have all gone?

"Hello?" She called out into the darkness. She tentatively took another step forward. A loud clang rang out into the night, terrifying the little girl. "Daddy?" She softly whispered. She began to sniffle as the realization of what had happened rushed over her. They had been dancing and then the ground had started to shake and a strange light appeared. Daddy  had grabbed her and her big sister and had promised not to let anything happen to them. But now daddy wasn't here and neither was her sissy. Nobody was here.

"Hands in the air." A sharp voice barked out at her.

Lily began to tremble. That didn't sound like anyone from the dance. Everyone there had been so nice. They even told her she had looked like Cinderella. Maybe this was a dream. That would explain the missing shoe. That meant that all she had to do was wait until midnight and her daddy would come and find her. But then again she wasn't allowed to stay up until midnight, but if she was Cinderella then things would have to be different.

A bright light focused on her and the beam landed right in her eyes. She blinked and strained her eyes to see who was aiming it at her. Her mind began to race through the story of Cinderella. She didn't remember this part. But maybe this happened in the third movie, she hadn't seen that one yet.

"It's just a kid." Another voice said. He sounded nicer than the first voice.

"I don't care if it's Micky Mouse. No one is suppose to be here." The first voice angrily complained.

Lily could make out three figures. Two of them were holding long metal guns, and the third man was just holding a flashlight. But they had mentioned Micky Mouse, and he was friends with Cinderella. She had met both of them when she went to their house at Disney Land.

"Can you help me find my daddy?" She asked as sweetly as possible. Daddy had always said that when she asked for something nicely no one could say no to her. So that must mean that they would have to help her.

"Daddy? Is there someone here with you?" The nicer man asked.

"We were at the dance. And then I was here, and I just want to go back to the dance. There was a chocolate fountain and princesses and."

"I don't care who or what was at your dance. Is there someone else here with you?" The angry man shouted.

"I don't know." Her lip began to tremble as she began to cry again. "I just want my daddy."

The angry man lowered his gun and grabbed her arm. He tightened his grip and pulled her towards him. "Now, you're going to stop crying, and you're going to answer my question. Is there anyone here with you?"

Lily began to struggle against his grip. He tightened his hold on her and twisted her arm until she cried out in pain. She shook her head as more tears slid down her face. "I don't know."

He rose his hand and harshly slapped her across the face. Lily gasped as the pain rushed through her. This place was not Disney Land. Unless this was Gaston. He looked like he could be a Gaston.

"Last chance. Who is here with you?"

"Maybe she came by herself?" The nicer man again spoke.

"This building was suppose to be secure. We have a 12 foot barbed wire fence, armed guards, and dogs. And you expect me to believe that she just waltzed in here."

"She did say she was at a dance." One of the other men said.

The mean guard ignored him and began to twist her arm again. Lily grimaced as her shoulder slid out of socket. "Are you here alone?"

Lily closed her eyes and slowly nodded. "Yes. It's just me."

The guard jerked her again and began to drag her towards another building that she could barely make out through the darkness. She heard the men begin talking about taking her to someone for questioning. Tears began to stream down her face as she thought about her daddy. Why did he leave her here? And where was her big sister?

***

Hello Everyone!

Thank you so much for reading!
I plan on updating this as often as possible.

Please vote, comment, and follow.

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!

Thank you all!!!!