Chapter 10 ~ e.d.i.t.h.

"Hey, I'm not going to make rendezvous." I quietly spoke in the burner phone. Several hours had passed since the text message, and by now I knew that clearing Peter's name was the least of my worries.

"I figured when they picked us up and you weren't there. Everything ok?" Jack's concerned voice drifted through the phone.

I took a deep breath as I surveyed the computer files that Lissie had copied. "It will be." I firmly said as I bit my lip. Lissie had texted me on a burner telling me to meet her at one of her safe houses. She had claimed she had found something that she thought didn't look right at the Pack's warehouse. She had no idea how right she was.

"Are you going to get here soon? Because I don't think they like me very much." Jack hissed quietly into the phone.

"Something came up." I vaguely replied. No sense freaking everyone out when this might turn out to me nothing.

"Uh. Did you borrow something of Peter's."

Butterfinger. He had already realized the glasses were missing. "No. Why?" I nonchalantly asked. Maybe I could play it off like he was just careless and lost them. I mean that is basically what happened.

"Lily." Peter's voice rang through the phone. I held the phone away from my ear. He almost sounded furious. This was definitely not the reaction I was expecting. I mean, I figured he would be somewhat angry, but after all they were just a pair of glasses. "What did you do with E.D.I.T.H.?"

"Who's Edith?" I questioned as I continued to scroll through the computer files. I definitely hadn't messed with any girl named Edith. So I had to be innocent on this one.

"The glasses." He shouted. "Where are my glasses?"

My heart sank as I continued to read the file. I had seen this before. It had been a long time ago, but I still recognized it like it was yesterday. They had everything for the formula except. "Oh no." I softly whispered as I stared at the screen.

"Lily." Peter's shouting voice jerked me back to the conversation.

"The glasses are safe." I muttered. Man. I wasn't paying attention and I admitted I had them. This night was definitely not going as planned. "Why did you name the glasses Edith?"

"I want them back now." He fumed. "And it's not a name. It's an acronym."

"Well, you're going to have to wait." I replied as I continued to scan the files. Acronym. Weird.

"I need them." He shouted. His voice grew steadier and calmer as he continued. "They're really important. Lil, I need you to bring them back."

"Well I'm a little preoccupied at the moment Parker." I snapped.

"You can't just take my stuff and then tell me you're too busy to bring it back."

"Yeah well I think this is more important." I paused. "And if you really cared about those glasses you wouldn't have left them in the bottom of your backpack." Hah. Check and mate. He could not argue with the logic.

"Well you shouldn't have been in my backpack in the first place." He countered.

"Yeah. Well. Mistakes were made." I argued.