TWELVE| "I'm sensitive, Aubrey!"

Jaya

I woke up next morning to the sound of the alarm blaring through the room, shifting in the bed, I found Dylan on his side of the bed, blocked by the pillow wall I put in the way.

Turning my alarm off I get out of bed, taking a change of clothes and my toiletries. After finishing my business I walked back into the room, only to find Dylan missing, I check the other side of the bed, in case he fell again but no, he just was not here.

Shrugging it off I packed my old clothes and stuff into my backpack, making sure to grab everything from the room and laying the dress from yesterday out on the bed, I head downstairs.

Goodbye room I'll never see again...

I made my way towards the kitchen, there was a lady dressed in black fidgeting around, when she noticed me she gave me a warm smile, "good morning, you're up early,"

I return her smile and nod, "good morning and yep, we need to head back home,"

I guess I was one of the first ones up, because there was hardly anyone around, only the maids cleaning the mess up from last night. "What would you like for breakfast?" She asks.

"I'll have some cereal," someone from behind me answers, the voice I recognised as Rhys, Dylan's younger brother.

"I'll just have the same," I say, turning around in my chair to face Rhys, I smile at him which he returns.

"Hey, you're up early," he comments, then quickly narrows his eyes at me, "don't tell me you're one of those evil early risers."

I shake my head, "no way! We just need to head back home, what about you? You're up early as-well,"

He shrugs, "same, I have a flight to catch back home," I remember him telling me that he lived in California, during the short time we got to talk.

"So did you enjoy the wedding? " He asks, taking a bottled water from the fridge.

I slowly nod, "yeah, it was great. You're family must have a big soap company," they seem pretty rich...

Rhys chokes on the water he was sipping, "so-soap? Oh...!" He say once he recovers, "yeah, it's great..." I notice Rhys mutter some things under his breath that I couldn't quite catch.

Just nodding in response as the lady gives us both a small bowl with milk and places the 4 different cereal boxes in front of us.

I hear Rhys sigh and frown at his milk, "What's wrong?" I ask as I reach for the coco rocks.

"I like my cereal in first," he responds, causing me to groan, ugh no...

I decide not to start a debate with Rhys about what should go in first as I did with Dallas, instead, I just choose to ignore him and just enjoy my delicious cereal.

I hear someone else enter the kitchen, but don't bother turning around to see who it is, "Hey guys?" Dylan calls, as he walks towards us.

"Hey," Rhys greets, while munching on his lucky charms, he suddenly smiles, "you know my friend says, 'maybe if I eat enough lucky charms, I'll finally be lucky' and then proceeds to shove as much lucky charms as she can into her mouth,"