|Five|

Tails

We all went back to my house to treat our wounds and take some rest.

I felt sore and almost every limb in my body hurts the moment I move. Our furs were all messy and dirty from fight that commenced back at the village. I touched my right cheek that had a purple color around the surface. I winced from the pressure I put into it. Man...Sonic really knows how to throw a punch.

I turned my head to look at the others. They all look exhausted and hurt as they sat themselves upon the available sitting furniture. Knuckles groaned in pain as he tried to move from where he was sitting. Amy just stayed sitting on the couch carefully treating all the wounds on her body. Sticks was sitting there beside Amy talking gibberish about what happened that I didn't want to talk about right now.

I, myself, am still shock from what Sonic did to us. But I know he didn't mean to hurt us. I know it wasn't in his own will to hurt us. I saw it. I saw it perfectly clear he wasn't the one that fought us. His eyes looked different and the way he looked at me, wasn't the same as he would usually do. It was like he was being controlled. And I might just have a hunch on who's behind this, Dr. Eggman.

But I wonder what was Shadow even doing there? He attacked us first. After I just got some medicine from the pharmacy, I saw him attack Amy and Sticks who just arrived from where ever they had been to.

I'm worried about Sonic. He knocked me out unconscious and when I woke up he was no where to be found, including Shadow. What if Shadow took him? What if Shadow was the one who brought Sonic to Eggman? What if-

I was snapped out of my troubled mind when I heard a knock on the door. I was the one who got out of my seat and went to see who it was. When I opened the door I gasped as I could not believe that Shadow was standing right in front of me and he was carrying Sonic in his arms.

"Sonic!"I shouted worried. Seeing him lifelessly being held by his own rival.

"He needs help." Shadow said sternly as he entered himself into the house and laid Sonic on the couch where the others stood up to make way for him. It was clearly written on their faces that they cannot digest the sight they are witnessing right at this moment. Even I could not believe it. Are my own eyes deceiving me? But these questions and thoughts would have to wait, right now Sonic needs us.

"What happened to him?"I immediately ask as I looked at Sonic and then to him.

"Eggman put a chip into his brain and controlled him with this." Shadow throwed me controller with buttons on it and I observed it carefully. "That explains why he attacked us."he said crossing his arms as Amy began to check and tend on Sonic.

"Us? You mean he attacked you too?"I asked. The others remained in their seats, listening to me and Shadow.

"Yeah, he did." he replied looking at Sonic who was still not awake. "It's the reason why I attacked you guys in the first place." Shadow said while he leaned against the wall. "I didn't know he was controlled until I saw him attack his own closest friends."

"When did he attack you?"I asked as I began examining the controller.

"Yesterday."he simply replied.

"Then that means..."I trailed off realizing that yesterday he said that Eggman attacked the village, but he was the only one present here at that time to defend it. "Where is the chip implanted?"I asked looking at Shadow.

"Eggman said it was on his brain. He didn't told me where exactly but I took one away from him just as we escaped."I saw him take out a small chip, he looked at it while he held it in his hands.

"Can I see it?" I ask lending my hand out hoping for him to give it to me.

"Be my guest."he said as he handed it to me.

I looked at it while holding it to a part of the house where the light shone the brightest. It looked so small. I was wondering where Eggman could have put it in Sonic. I just hope we could get it out of him before something bad would happen.

Shadow

Night time came, the red echidna, pink hedgehog and brown badger left the house.

I was about to take my own departure when the fox stopped me.

"Wait, Shadow!" I stopped in my tracks, I was just a few inches away from the door. Turning my head I looked at the fox with no emotion.

"What?"I asked him irritated.

I heard him gulp as he cowered under my stare, under my presence. I wamted to laugh but I kept my composure. What could he want now? I already helped them enough.

"Uhhh...I w-was just gonna a-ask you for a favor. I-if that's okay."the fox kid said nervously, his hands almost shaking in preparation to shield his face if I so ever might hit him.

"I don't do favors." I said directly without second thoughts and turned my heel fir the door.

"I-I just thought that maybe you could look out for Sonic."he said stuttering in fear while he attempts to hide it. I didn't look back at him away. But after sighing and closing my eyes I faced him again.

"And why are you asking me to do such task? Can't you get your other friends to do it? You know very well that me and Faker are rivals." I said to him, raising my brow.

"I know but p-please Shadow?" the fox asked hope in his eyes.

"Give me a good reason why I should take care of him."I more likely dared at him than ask him.

He gulped the lump in his throat first and mustered his courage to speak. "Technically there isn't just one reason," he began, "I would take care of him myself but I need to find where Eggman implanted the chip in his brain. After that I will need to find a way to take it out of Sonic and also..." the fox said trailing off as he scratched his head. "I don't think the others are capable of caring for him when they're all still recovering from the fight."he said.

I was about to reply no, thinking too confidently that the fox kit had no good reason, but it seems like there is or should I say there are. I was trying to think of something quick to evade this situation I had gotten myself into but there was none. I groaned and face palmed mentally.

"Alright kid, I'll take care of Faker," I said annoyed and just when I saw a grateful smile come across his face, "only until he can finally take care of himself." I said sternly and crossed my arms.

"Okay."he replied and walked back into his work shop.

I looked at Faker who was now sleeping peacefully on a bed. I sighed and shook my head sideways.

What did I get myself into?