|Twelve|

Tails

I wonder where Sonic is. It surprises me that he didn't came stopping right in front of me before I could even take a bite of my Meh Burger. I just finished eating and I'm already heading back to my house.

My humble home finally came into view. I didn't saw any Sonic running around impatiently or maybe even crossing his arms while he rapidly tapped his foot on the ground. I had believed he might be inside the house since he says he can let himself in anytime he wants. Which to my disfavor I just let him be because I know very well there's nothing I could do no matter how many times I tell him to not enter my house without my permission. But he is like my brother so....yeah, it could be an exception.

I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it expecting it to be already unlocked for the idea that Sonic might be inside and left the door open. Yet to my surprise it was locked.

"Hmmm, he must've wanted some privacy." I said to myself and shrug my shoulder as I reached for the key I had with me. I inserted my key into the key hole and twisted the object to unlock my door. Pushing the door to open I came to find that there was no one inside.

"That's a surprise. Either Sonic must've gone back to his shack or he never really came here." I said as a hand went under my chin my head going into thought. "I'm sure he's still asleep at this time of day." I said and just shrugged again. Taking myself out of my house as I closed the door and head back to my workshop to continue my research regarding the control chip.

I reached the workshop and sat on the chair that was faced to the computer on my desk. Immediately I began to review all of the data I've gathered so far.

I completely lost track of time. Focusing too much of my whole attention on looking for the safest possible way to remove the mind control chip. And surprisingly, there was no Sonic to come and intrude me as I work. Emotions and thoughts swirled throughout me. I don't know if I should feel relieved and thankful or worried that he never came.

I turned my head to look at the window that lets me have a limited view of the outside world. It was already dark, the night has come telling me to stop working and start getting to sleep. I looked at the time on the wrist communicator I invented for all of the gang.

11:47 pm

Wow. It's almost midnight? I guess that explains why Sonic never came. He's all sound asleep in his hammock back in his shack. There's seems to be nothing to truly worry about. I let out a yawn only then realizing just how sleepy and tired I was. I debated on my choices if I should go back to my house and sleep on my bed or just stay here and sleep on the table.

Definitely the bed. I hopped out of my chair and lazily headed to the door. Twisting the knob to open it, I stepped outside and ensured that I locked the entrance of my workshop and finally headed to my house where a sweet comfy bed awaits me.

Sonic

I struggled to escape from the chains that bind me. The metals noisily clank throughout the hollow and dark room they kept me captive. I sighed a desperate and tired sigh, the areas where the chains tightly hold onto my skin were already beginning to feel sore. I stopped moving for a while to rest my aching body, taking long and deep breathes to calm myself and think of an effective way to free myself.

"Calm down Sonic, you can do this! Think! Think!" I whispered shouted to myself as I was reminder that if they ever caught me trying to escape it might be the end of me. I tried to move again by forcing both of my hands up. I was trying and hoping that the chains would break seeing just how old and rusty they looked. If Knuckles was the one tied down here he would've already break these off hours ago.