|Thirteen|

Shadow
(warning: There will be more cursing since it's so hard to not curse when trying to portray Shadow's character. He may not actually do it a lot in the you know real stuff but hey this is a fanfiction it can be whatever fanfic writers want it to be.)

The harsh wind kept pressing violently against my face as I continue to skate myself to nowhere in particular. Just simply taking some time to do something rather than lean against a rock wall in a cave to think about stuff like how I had just been recently attacked by some idiotic masked people or whatever the fuck they were. But most of all I was trying to take my mind off a specific hedgehog whose image keeps popping inside my head. It felt like a whole video display stuck on a repeated visual of his face, his smile, those mesmerizing emerald green eyes...

And to me drifting off again without minding where I was already going, I skated throughout the jungle and had myself tumble over an arch wooden root from a tree that seemed to have suspiciously and intentionally just appeared out of nowhere. Or I was just really too distracted enough to not notice it beforehand. Like how in the world did a specific root that's exactly positioned in the most tumble prone shape have grown itself in that particular spot where I just happen to have myself pass by. Immediately my face itself was planted into direct contact with the dirt ground barely covered in grass that could have made my face planting more bearable. Some amount of dirt made their way into my mouth and eyes in which I can very much point how uncongenial the experience was for me.

In an instant I pushed myself back up again. Irritably rubbing off all unwanted dirt that got on me. Turning my attention to glare and growl at the wooden stump. I decided on the idea of kicking it as pay back but then doing that would appear too childish of me. I let out a sigh to calm myself and gave one last glare at the stump that seems to look back at me mockingly.

Turning my back to it I began to walk in a slow pace. The sudden change of increase in temperature didn't went unnoticed by me. Looking up ahead I find myself already at the edge of the jungle that leads outwards the sandy beach. The sun high up at its peak in the sky, sending down its blazing hot rays on land and on the salty seawater. The breeze of the sea hit me ever so gently, where the expected scent of saltiness came along with it. My mind debated if I should continue to walk myself onto the lambent seashore or leave to head back to my grim and lonesome cave. I wanted to walk ahead and feel the sea breeze to a much closer proximity at the border where land meets sea but I would risk myself in being seen by Soni–I mean Faker. Seeing just as now how I have come to realize I was a only a few good distance away from his shack that perched just exactly at the border between the jungle and the beach. If he saw me near his shack he might think I'm a creep or a stalker. Fortunately it seems that he wasn't in his shack at the moment, he wasn't actually anywhere near it at all. This had me a bit worried, making me wonder to where he might exactly be right now. But I reminded myself again that he might be out somewhere on the island with his friends.

And just as I was about to walk away from that spot, a recognizable fur of canary yellow came into view, coming further near the shack. It was the two tailed fox boy, Sonic's best friend or little brother buddy... I think. The sight of him made me hunch behind the large mass of leaves to hide myself from being seen. Although I had taken temporary refuge from a plant, I did my best to peek at the fox boy through the green foliage because of the curiousity that dawned all over me. Questions like: "What could he be doing here? Does he has any purpose to appear at such a time where I am nearby?" But most especially: "Where is Sonic?"

My eyes continue to stay attached on the two tailed fox. His face looked uneasy with his slightly wavering stance as he ran which I could clearly tell that something was troubling him. This display of physique made my curiosity and worry spike even more. A certain theory came into my mind that a reason for the fox's troubled state might involve Sonic into the picture. He reached the bottom entrance of the shack, his steps quickened even more as he climbed onto the very small amount flight of stairs. I could no longer see his face nor body, having it obscured behind by particular solid structures of the shack. But with the loud shock gasp that escaped his mouth as soon as he reached the doorless frame it was all I needed to hear to indeed confirm that something was wrong and it does have something to do with Sonic.