Chapter 1

"Do you really need to go on this trip for work now?" Eliza asked gently. John turned around to look her in the eyes.

"Eliza-" John began. It was at that moment the door to the children's room opened.

"Dad, are you leaving again?" Regina asked sadly. John nodded, feeling a twinge of guilt.

"Heather! Come on and say bye to your father!" Eliza called her other daughter. Heather came out of her room, a sad look on her face. The kids hugged their father.

John kissed Eliza on the cheek, and went out the door. Eliza turned back to her children, and forced a smile.

"He'll be back in a a couple of days. It will be ok" Eliza said, trying to convince herself as well as the children. John didn't even bother to tell her ahead of time, he had tried to sneak out, and Eliza had caught him. Was something going on?

Eliza ushered the kids back into their room, and slid down against the wall, upset. John had been acting weird lately, and Eliza was scared it was for the worst. Eliza was always afraid that she wouldn't be enough for John.

He had cheated on her before, during high school, but that was way back then and she had forgiven him. He was changed now, right?

Eliza sighed, and got up. She couldn't think about her husband like this. It was just work, and nothing more. Besides, she had a lot of work to do as well. John being a lawyer, and Eliza being a volunteer at a orphanage, they both had much work to do. Her most recent case for the orphanage was a hard one, and there was paperwork to be done.

It was at that moment that Eliza noticed something purple coming towards her. Eliza didn't recognize it at first, but then she realized. It was a akuma.

How? Akumas hadn't been seen for years after Ladybug, Chat, Tigre, and Queen Bee took Hawkmoths Miraculous to save Eliza that one time. Eliza shivered just thinking of it.

Eliza edged away from the akuma, and took deep breaths to calm herself. If she was calm, it couldn't get her. Eliza let out a sigh of relief as it went away from her.

And then went near her daughter's bedroom. Eliza's heart started racing again. No! This can't be happening.

"REGINA!" Eliza nearly screamed. She wasn't about to let her daughter get akumatized.

"It must have been John. She must have been more upset then she let on." Eliza thought as she slammed the door open to her daughters bedroom, just in time to see the akuma land on Regina, and Heather jump away from her sister in fear.

"Heather, go hide!" Eliza said, her voice shaking. Heather nodded, and a small voice told Eliza that Heather would make a good hero someday, but Eliza shook the thought away. Someday, but right now was the present, and her other daughter was on trouble.

The now akumatized Regina stared silently at her mother.

Eliza gulped, and ran off.

She needed to transform, and she needed to do it before Regina hurt anyone in Paris.