Chapter 3

A knock at the door made Eliza get up, and she answered it. She was shocked to see John was home. He looked tired, his hair ruffled. He didn't even say a hello, he just collapsed onto the sofa. Eliza's eyes widened.

"John! What is it?" Eliza cried, rushing to his side. John sighed, and sat up. He didn't speak for a few moments, letting a awkward silence stretch out. Then, he rubbed his eyes, and sighed.

"Eliza.......work has just not been great, ok. You know how much it pains me to....leave you and the kids." John said, rubbing his head while saying it. Eliza's eyes softened only a little. She couldn't help feeling a bit of pity for her husband. He worked so hard, and Eliza felt like she needed to do more for him then she had been doing as of late.

"Then your not going to like what I have to tell you" Eliza whispered, rubbing her shoulders as a way of self comfort. Of course, this made John curious. His wife looked guilty and he wanted to know what inspired her to say this.

"Lizzy, tell me what's up."

Silence.

"ELIZABETH VICURIOUS BUSHNELL, ANSWER ME!" John raised his voice to make sure she could hear him. Eliza winced and he instantly felt bad until she trembled with frustration. Eliza felt all her pent up emotions bursting out into harsh words she was shocked she even said.

"YOU KNOW WHAT, JOHNATHAN BRADSTREET BUSHNELL? MY CHILD GOT AKUMATIZED TODAY, BECAUSE YOU MADE ME UPSET BY THE FACT THAT YOU LEFT US SO SUDDENLY, AND IT LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE SNEAKING OUT, AND THEN I HAD TO FIGHT HER!!" Eliza screamed at him, feeling the urge to smack him to his senses.

"W-what?" John was shocked not only at his wife's words, but her story. Eliza sighed, and nodded, refusing to say more.

"Eliza, I am so sorry! If I had known, I would have-" John started. Eliza put a finger to his  quivering lips.

"Hush. I don't want to hear it. Save your sorry for later." Eliza said, and she went to their bedroom and locked the door. She breathed to calm herself, and let herself back out, and started to make dinner. Cooking calmed her and made her think more rationally.

Tonight, she had promised her kids Taco's. A Mexican food that she loved from her childhood in America. It didn't take long for her to make the food, and when she called for dinner, it had only been half an hour since she started making the food.

It was quiet at dinner, besides the occasional attempt from Eliza to talk to her daughters, they could never hold the conversation for long. Eliza cleaned the plates, and kissed her daughters goodnight. She tucked them in, and then went to her bedroom and flopped on the bed, exhausted from everything today.

John crept in for a moment, and then left. Eliza resolved that she would apologize in the morning.