Chapter 13

Eliza and John smiled as they walked back to the apartment together. This akuma had been difficult, but they did it, and everything was ok. The only worrying thing was that this Hawkmoth was getting stronger then the old one ever had, but that was soon forgotten.

When they made their way into the apartment, Regina and Heather were staring at the TV, that was showing a replay of the fight. The girls whirled around once they heard the door open, and saw their mother and father walking in.

"Mom! You almost got seriously hurt! You need to be careful!" Regina exclaimed to Eliza as Eliza came closer. John and Eliza exchanged a glance. 

"Sweetie, in the hero business there is no being careful. It's ok. I'm fine."  Eliza told her daughter gently. Regina sighed, and hugged her mom, and then her dad.

"Ok. Just....be more aware. This worries me." Regina said. Eliza nodded, and let Regina and Heather go to their rooms. 

"You do need to be a bit more careful, Eliza. You could have gotten more seriously hurt then you did today. I know I always worry about you during a battle, but I can't help it. It's like there's some part of you that you want to destroy out there." John said. Eliza looked to the ground.

"Sorry." She whispered. John gave her a smile, and kissed her. Eliza smiled at him, and returned the kiss. 

Things had been going really good between them for now. John wasn't pushing it, and Eliza was happy to let him kiss her and go back in the room with her. All was forgiven right now, and that was how it should be, Eliza was convinced. Eliza noticed how the light in his eyes had returned, and it made her happy to think that everything was going so well right now. It also seemed that Regina and Heather had forgiven them for hiding the truth from them, which made Eliza so happy.

John smiled at her, and went to his home office. Eliza went to go begin dinner. Cooking was one of Eliza's favorite things, and she prided herself on making quality dinners for her family, so she went to go get a pan to make Beef bourguignon when she felt a pain in her stomach. She took in a sharp breath, and winced.

The house was so quiet that John heard, and came into the kitchen to see what was the matter.  He came up to her, and as she told him what had happened, he held her close.

"Eliza, I have to ask- is it impossible that your pregnant?" John asked quietly. Eliza felt herself pale. All the signs had been there, she'd just been ignoring them, not even giving them a thought.

"John, this would be the worst possible time for me to have a baby....how did I miss all the signs? I've been gaining weight, I have had a little bit of sickness in the morning, and some women do have a sort of depression while pregnant." Eliza realized. John held her tighter.

"Oh, Eliza. This is wonderful. A little baby!" John said, staring at her stomach in wonder.

"I won't be able to do my duties to Paris..." Eliza said sadly. John took her hands in his and grinned.

"That's ok, Eliza. Everything will be ok" He reassured her, joy written on his face.

And Eliza believed him.