Chapter 14

Eliza  was confined to the apartment. She was not allowed to transform, or tax herself with any work. John didn't want any chance of miscarrying the baby. Eliza had to agree to that, but she still didn't like it. She felt restless. She wanted to be able to do things.

"I love you, baby-but you are causing some awful confinement for your mom" Eliza told her belly, talking to the baby whom she expected to be a boy. Despite all annoyance, she was happy, and excited to be having another child to love and care for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         A frown settled on L's mouth as she picked up the aura of the Mrs. She was happy. Irritatingly happy and annoyingly pregnant. This could not stand. 

"It's time. She won't be able to resist helping." L said. She smiled, the grin ending up looking a bit mad, but who was she to care.

This was the perfect plan, and she was going to do it today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John kissed Eliza, and left for work. Eliza was left alone to her thoughts. She was 5 months along now, which was still at a little risk of miscarriage, but soon she would be permitted to do some small things again, which excited her.

Eliza sat down to watch TV, only for a knock on the door startle her a moment later. Eliza warily opened the door. It was John. John rushed in, and grabbed something. He rushed saying his transformation words, and ran out. 

"What is so bad that he had to rush like that?" Eliza wondered. She went to the window and looked out. Now she understood. There were akumas everywhere, and akumatized people near the Eiffel tower. Eliza knew she shouldn't transform, but she knew the others couldn't handle all this on their own. She wasn't a amazing super hero, but she could try and help.

Eliza made the split second decision, and transformed. She then walked out of the apartment complex, not trusting herself to be able to pull off a window jump. She ran as fast as she could to the scene, and saw smoke surrounding all the others. La Peon stared at what the smoke was projecting to the others.

Chat's was Ladybug getting hurt badly. Ladybug's showed a never ending replay of all the times Chat sacrificed himself for her.

Tigre's showed her getting akumatized because of him. La Peon tried to get over to him, but the smoke covered her now as well, and it showed a replay of all the times Tigre had hurt her, especially that one time he was akumatized.  Then it showed Eliza in her civilian form, crying over a lost child, and John hugging her tight while she sobbed.

La Peon knew at once that the new Hawkmoth knew her identity. La Peon flinched as she watched what the smoke showed her, and then froze as a voice sounded in her head.

"Oh, poor Peon. Always tormented by her unfaithful husband and the thoughts of something happening to her dear children." The women said in a cold and smooth voice. 

"Get out of my head" La Peon hissed, not allowing herself to even tremble at the words the women had spoken.

"Dear, what a ungrateful hero. Perhaps you need something more?" The women's voice disappeared, and La Peon stared at the smoke. An akumatized La Peon was shown now.

La Peon drew in a sharp breath, and shakily walked through the smoke.

"Don't even try. You will always be what you truly are." The women spoke once more before going quiet. A mirror now appeared, and La Peon was staring at herself, flashing between her normal hero form, and her akumatized form.

La Peon broke the mirror, and dazed as she was- made it to the tower where she could see properly.

Time to break the other's out of their illusions.