Chapter 5

Eliza's eyes fluttered open, and she felt pain like no pain she had ever felt before. It hurt to even keep her eyes open, but she had to because her daughters and husband were there. Regina saw her mother come awake first, and let out a happy squeal.

"Mommy! Your alive! You look so tired, should I leave you be?" Regina exclaimed, delight shining in her eyes. Eliza gave her daughter a smile. If she still did end up dying, she hoped her daughter would keep her shining spirit, and sense of empathy and compassion. She hoped for all the things that Regina wanted to happen. If she got out of this hospital, she was going to treat her daughters to no end for what they might have been through in the time she had been unconscious. 

"Mommy is very tired right now, sweetie, but you need to help keep her awake." John murmured to Regina. Eliza had to strain herself to hear it, though she knew straining herself was the last thing needed at the moment.

"John, what-" Eliza managed to croak out. She immediately shut her mouth. That didn't sound like her- weak and exhausted and hurt. John gave her a long look before sitting down on the hospital bed next to her.

"Honey, don't worry. It'll be fine. Some moron pushed you off the roof of the building after I left. Chat Noir found you seconds later, as he was on patrol. The doctors said we were very lucky. If it had been another minute or so, you would have died." John explained, his voice husky with emotion. Eliza realized that he had been crying.

"When can I leave the hospital?" Eliza asked, eyeing her family members carefully. She wanted home. John, Regina and Heather shared a anxious glance.

"Well, your supposed to leave later tonight, but..it's going to hurt. You had bruised ribs, which is being lucky, and they had to send you into immediate surgery for something-they wouldn't tell me what." John admitted.

"Could it be my throat?" Eliza said sarcastically.  John, taking this seriously, shook his head. Eliza sighed, wishing the doctor would come in already and see that she was fit to go. She wanted to go so badly, it was like a tug pulling her. It would only be a bit longer before she could satisfy that tug.

'A little longer' She willed herself.

"I wanna say that I say a tan girl with brown hair before everything went black" Eliza admitted to break the awkward silence that had befallen the family. John looked surprised, and then suddenly turned pale.

"I have a idea of who that is" He said meekly. Eliza wanted to ask him who he thought it was, but it was that moment that the doctor chose to come in.

"Well, Elizabeth Vicurious Bushnell, you are free to go. If you feel any pain at all in your head, come back immediately. It could be a relapse." The doctor said. John nodded, and helped his wife get out of the bed, and to the car to get home.