flashback

ALYSSA_

The asshole thought that I'd give up huh. Well he thought wrong, because I was going to prove him wrong.

I researched my ass off and finally got how the interpols met and what was going on in that genre of physics. It wasn't that difficult actually, but can you blame me for not taking note in class when a hunky, muscular professor was teaching you?

To be honest, I never even expected something like this to happen to me, especially not now. I didnt think I'd ever begin to look at another man again, especially the way I used to look at Zack. But, that's the past. And what happens in the past, stays there, it's time to look forward and focus on what I'm going to do. Focus on ME and bettering myself. I wasn't going to remain single for the rest of my life just because my past is fucked up, and it's only fucked up because of one guy anyway.

Fuck Lucas

I continued briefly going over my work, making sure my homework was correct and that I'd be getting an A for this assignment.

Once I was done, i sat back, thinking, about everything.

"You just dont get it, do you?" I asked, my red puffy eyes focused on him as the tears rolled my cheek in single file. I had to make him understand, I just had to.

"No, i dont. You don't love me, you never did," he looked back at me. So many emotions crossing his features all at once. I couldnt even bare to look him in the eye, not with him staring at me as if he hates me.

"I LOVE YOU! I ALWAYS HAVE!" I yelled as I began crying louder. I fell to my knees and he didnt budge. My head hung low, shamelessly as I looked to the ground. He just stood there, staring at me, not moving an inch.

"Then prove it! Start acting like you actually do!" His voice began quivering and breaking and I knew he was going through so much right now, "Come with me. I'll make it so much better for us, I'll never leave your sight, I-" he stopped himself as a tear rolled down his cheek.

He got down, sitting on his knees exactly how I was and lifted my chin with his hand, forcing me to look at him through glassy eyes, "I love you."

"Lis!" A voice erupted me, shaking me violently and I slightly opened my eyes to come face to face with Dylan, "You're crying."

He looked at me with a face filled with regret and sadness. I smiled, and wiped the tears away with the back of hand reassuring him I was okay.

"Look I'm sorry, i didnt know wanting to have sex with a girl would affect you this much," he said, looking embarrassingly towards the ground, fidgeting with his fingers.

I laughed and even snorted a little, "Oh my God Dylan," I laughed some more, "Its cool. You're at that stage of your life where your hormones are going wild and its completely natural."

"You sure you're not mad?"

"NO!" I laughed, smacking him with my pillow and he laughed too, "In my bag, there in the corner, your phones in there."

"THANK YOU!" He exclaimed, running towards my bag and hurriedly taking out his phone before kissing me on my forehead and rushing out of my room once again.

I internally laughed, and then everything happy disappeared away from me. The reason why I had been crying in the first place, but I wasn't gonna sit at home all day and moan and groan about some dickhead.

Its Saturday and I felt like going out.

I walked downstairs and called Dylan, to which he came on walking, slowly might I add, seeing as he has his phone back now, he couldn't give two shits about anyone else, again.

"Hey," I flicked him against his forehead, "Dont make me take back that phone."

He groaned and rolled his eyes, "Fine, what do you want?"

I smiled, "Let's go grab us some burgers and fries, maybe stop by Starbucks for milkshakes too."

"AWESOME- wait. What's the catch?"

I laughed, "No catch little bro', I just feel like, going out."

He looked a bit suspicious at first, but turned around and ran back to his room anyway. I walked back upstairs to go grab my purse and phone, before making my way back down and waiting on Dylan.

"Hey Casey, I'm going to take your car to go have some quality time with Dylan, is it okay?" I yelled through the house at my stepmom.

"Sure."

That was all I needed.

I grabbed the keys, called Dylan and put the key into the ignition. I waited for some time till Dylan came and then sped off into the highway.

"What's up with you? First you cry in your sleep, and now you want to take me out? I ain't complaining, but I'm still curious," he suddenly said out of nowhere making me pause the music.

"Look, I had a nightmare, okay. And I felt too clogged up in that doomsday house so I wanted to go somewhere."

"With me?"

"Yes, with you."

"Cool," and with that our conversation ended, leaving us in a silence. Not the awkward one, just a peaceful one.

"Yeah and she was like 'Aaahhh Dylan get the roach away from me!' and I was just like 'waaaaahh scady cat' so I ended up chasing her with the roach all around school!" We both laughed when he was done with his story, sipping on our milkshakes.

We were in the Starbucks cafè here in our local mall, looking around at everyone walking by, smiling and waving at random people.

"Anything new happening in your life, Lis?" He asked me, making me snap my gaze to him in an instant, wondering and contemplating on telling him about Mr. Lockhart.

"Naaah, besides the fact that I got a new physics professor, thats about it-"

"I thought I was a little more than your professor, Alyssa."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________