dares and heartbeats

ROSETTA_

I don't understand why he would do that. To just fool someone into thinking they mean so much to you when in reality you're nothing but a piece of trash. And I was stupid enough to actually fall into the dumpster for him. Here I was, thinking we had something going, defying my parents' when they told me I wasn't allowed to date anyone, disrespecting them and their wishes, disrespecting my culture and family, all for a boy who I simply wasn't enough for.

I mean his family seemed nice, and by family I mean sister. She was the only one beside her friends that showed me hospitality upon arrival. Dylan however, seemed to have cared much less about me even being here, having the crowd chant his name over and over while he rubs his crotch against the butt of the girl who have ignored him since third grade, the girl- who he hadn't noticed was only with him for attention- had been his bully all the years.

I was blinded by his meaningless words, our own conversations we had, the petty arguments that had always lead to being a joke sooner or later, our movie days, the way he would look at me- but I in truth should have known I wasn't Dylan's type. Once you fall into that category of fame and attention, it loses you and you become nothing but a mere shadow of your former self.

"Don't even bother telling me, I already know," Alyssa mentioned through gritted teeth as he stared hard on onto her brother, who hadn't even noticed neither of us being here.

"I-its okay," I fake laughed, "I wasn't supposed to get my heart set on anyone, I mean I'm young, what do I know?" I laughed again.

"I can tell you what you know right now- heartbreak," She stared at me through softened eyes of her own, a small sigh escaped her parted lips as her eyes fixated on Dylan with hurt and disbelief. Gritting her teeth she faced me again and took both my hands, getting me up my feet.

"Hey Alyssa where are you taking so long with the-" Mr. Cameron came in and when he saw my teary face and Alyssa's hurtful one he slowly retracted himself from the kitchen when Alyssa gave him a warning not to come any closer.

"Oh, girl talk, I'll uh- I- will catch you later?" And with that he moved away as quickly as possible and Alyssa shook her head before she walked with me to the stairs and into her room.

She sat us down onot the bed and I managed to avert my gaze from her the entire time.

"Rose," she said, getting my attention, "Dylan may be my brother, but he has no right to do that to you, no one deserves to go through this, especially alone, trust me, I know."

A look of regret and sadness flashed through her eyes as she suddenly looked at the floor.

"What happened?" I asked, managing to take my mind off Dylan.

"Boys are assholes," she laughed, shrugging and within no time she had me laughing too. Alyssa was really a beautiful soul with the kindest of hearts.

"Wait why do you put up this front of being a bad guy, like you always seem to give the other people the 'don't approach me' look."

"The thing is, acting a certain way will get people to start having expectations of you. So if I had to act kind always, you would expect me to always be, right?" She asked, and I slowly nodded as it sank in.

"Right," I agreed wholeheartedly.

"You feeling better?" She asked me to which I replied with a sigh and a nod, a genuine smile plastered on my face.

"So?" She raised a brow, "We going to have some fun or what?"

"Uh, I actually called my mom a while back to come pick me up and she should be here by now, or close," I shrugged.

"Finnneee," Alyssa dragged it out as we both laughed when the door suddenly burst out and Dylan stared at us wide eyed and my heart suddenly started beating really fast.

"Rosetta!" He sighed out as he came in and engulfed me in a hug. My eyebrows scrunched together as I looked to Alyssa for confirmation to which she just stared.

"I was worried sick when I noticed you weren't there, why would you scare me like that? You being here meant more to me than you think," he said.

I sucked in a breath.

"Hold up mister," Alyssa butted in, "Go grind your dick against that chicks ass, we saw you."

"Oh, that," he scratched the back of his head, "I promise you that it was a dare. I didn't want to do it, but if I didn't, I'd have to cut my hair. Rosetta, would you still like me with no hair?"

I couldn't help but laugh at this idiot, "Yes. With or without it."

Then he just stared at me, so many emotions swirling in his orbs I lost track of them myself. A small smile had turned into a huge one as he put both hands on the sides of my face and pulled me closer to him as he slowly put his lips onto my own, my breaths becoming uneven upon impact and I was lost for words.

Had I forgiven him?

I don't know.

But what I did know at this moment, was that I didn't want it to end.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Short chapter, I agree. But the purpose was for Dylan and Rosetta, so it would be short. Comment, vote and share please, I love you all.