sweet 16

ALYSSA_

"What is Mr.Lockhart doing here?" Kyle asked suddenly, as Cameron neared us, motioning for Floyd to move over so that he could take his place next to me.

"She's my girlfriend, why else would I be here?" He answered nonchalantly, putting his huge arm around my shoulders and bringing me closer to his embrace.

Everyone's eyes widened.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys," I said, "Its just that-"

"This is unprofessional? Illegal? Down right wrong?!" Rina started getting hysterical, "You're lucky his hot, Alyssa, or else I would have cut off your vagina and shoved it down his throat."

"Its not any of those," Cameron butted in, making me look at him suspiciously, "I quit," he shrugged.

"WHAT?" I basically screamed, "You lost your job? Because of me?"

He laughed, "I told you, I dont need it. This was a hobby, I own the Lockhart Headquarters."

My eyed winded and I felt my heart drop to the pit of my ass, "WHA-" I was at a loss for words right now.

I was dating the Boss of Lockhart Headquarters. One of the most popular and richest companies to live. I've merely thought that this was always just a coincidence that they have the same surname, and I dont usually read the tabloids and newspapers, or magazines because I always thought they keep talking about Lockhart Headquarters and it was getting quite boring. Apparently the Boss of the company was always seen as a self centered, arrogant jerk who didnt give a crap about anyone else as long as he made his millions of dollars every year. He was also one of the richest people alive, taking after his company at a young age, 20 if I remember correctly.

"DYLAN'S PULLING UP!" One of his friends yelled, making everyone yell and dim the lights, as we all made our way to the corner of the house, not to be seen.

"We will talk about this later," I whispered to Cameron, who looked everywhere but me. Eveyone else remained quiet as we waited for Dylan to enter.

"Fucking glad I'm home," he whispered to himself as he shouted, "LIS! IM HOME!" and then he turned on the light, as we all leaped forward and yelled "surprise" at him. The look he had on his face was the very same look that was about to get me in tears. His eyes looked like they were going to ball out, his lips were forming an O and his cheeks were stained red. His eyes began watering as he looked around, astonishment written all across his features as he took in everything.

"Y-you guys.. did this?" He asked stepping forward as I walked nearer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. He was even getting taller.

Fighting back my tears I whispered, "Happy sweet sixteen, bro."

And with that the music turned on as his favorite DJ began mixing up some wild music that he loved and his friends all congratulated him on his birthday, setting down his gifts and giving him tight hugs. Dylan's eyes puffy red and his lips were kind of... trembling?

He came up to me again and pulled me outside, "Thank you," he said sincerely, "You have no idea how much this means."

"Its what sisters do," I shrugged.

"By the way, dad called, apparently he cant make it for my birthday, but he did wish me though," Dylan smiles proudly. I didnt want to ruin his vibe by telling him that his dad forgot how old he was and when his birthday even was. So I played along.

"Foreal?"

"Hmp, yeah," he shrugged, "He thinks I'm dumb. I know he forgot the date."

My eyes widened, "I-im sorry-"

"Nah it's cool, I'm over it," and with that he pulled me back into the house and began partying with his friends, dancing along to the EDM music playing throughout the house.

Searching for Cameron, I found him laying back onto one of the couches, looking up at the ceiling and I couldnt help but laugh to myself. I walked up to him and sat down next to him, putting my leg over his as I stared at him.

"I'm waiting," I said with a raised brow and he sighed.

"Fine," he paused, "Dont be mad though. I didnt tell you because for once in my life I wanted to settle down, I didn't want one night stands anymore, I didn't want booty calls and chicks that cling to my arm basically only when I take them shopping. I wanted committment, seriousness and love. And being honest, it's quite hard to find a woman who wants you, for you, especially when you're a fucking billionaire," he laughed, scratching the back of his neck, "I was hoping I wouldn't have to start this conversation till later, but I'm glad it's out in the open. If you knew who I truly was, would you have given me a chance?"

I didnt know what to say. He was right, and on so many levels.

"Deciding to be a professor was mainly to take my mind off business and off the companies, but then I saw you and I just... I dont know. I froze up, I guess. I didnt want to continue the job anymore knowing it'll fuck things up between us, but at the end of the day, would you have dated a 'jobless' guy? No. So that's why I stayed as your professor, and also because I wanted to see you more. At first I thought you'd have recognized me in the tabloids or in magazines, but when you never brought it up... I figured you didnt know, and that was my chance."

My eyes locking onto his own, my heartbeat nearly wanting to jump out of my chest as he cupped my cheek and pulled my face closer to his, allowing our lips to meet in a sensual, short term kiss.

"I'm sorry I didnt tell you before," he muttered into my ear as it immediately started heating up, "I'll make it up to you, babe."

"Hmp?" I questioned, looking suddenly intrigued, "Y'know even though I know you're rich now, I still dont want your money."

"Who mentioned anything about money?" He smirked as his hand sneaked up to my thighs as he roughly separated them, "You look better with your legs spread for me."

My cheeks reddened on impact, when realization hit me, "Cameron!" I hissed, "Not. Here," slapping his hands away. A look of disappointment flashed through his eyes and I quickly noticed it.

"Are you serious? You're getting upset because I don't want to have sex with you in public?!" I whisper yelled and he replaced his disappointment with a quick laugh.

"No no," he said, "It was a joke, but the repaying back part wasn't."

I smirked, "sure," I got up and looked at him, "Want a drink?"

"Awwww, you're that thirsty for me?" He laughed

"Hahaha, funny," I rolled my eyes with a smile, "I'm going to the kitchen, let me know when you're ready to drop your ego to ask me for a drink."

And with that I laughed and made my way to the kitchen, only to find Rosetta softly wiping away her tears in the corner of the room. Worry filled me as I rushed over to her as quickly as possible.

I kneeled down to her where she sat with her knees to her chest as single tears streamed down her face, "What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?"

She smiled, "N-no, I'm fine, thank you."

"Rosetta-" and that's when I turned my head into the direction she was staring at the whole time.

Dylan.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, sorry for being away so long, I had upcoming exams I needed to prepare for. Super sorry, hope y'all can forgive me 😭❤

~ snow.