what's the matter?

ALYSSA_

"Rosetta," I tested the name on my tongue and he nodded, "Sounds fancy if you ask me."

"She's Italian," He smirked, "And so amazing, with her beautiful chocolate brown hair that flowed down to her shoulder in thick locks, her dazzling brown eyes, along with freckles sprawled across her cheeks, thin, yet plump lips that smiled whenever she got the opportunity, and a sharp nose with a little bump in it that I found so... amazing. God, shes perfect, beautiful, interesting, intriguing...." he ranted on and on about her and I rolled my eyes. I knew where this was going, he ended up falling for her, and then his heart gets broken into pieces by one little mistake. His too young to be falling in love, his only fifteen, but I know what its like to have a crush on someone, at least he didnt get rejected though.

"Dylan," I paused with sadness in my eyes, I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I also didnt want to see him heartbroken in the end, "Dont fall too deep, please."

His eyebrows scrunched together as he looked at me, his lips parted as he was about to speak, but I cut him off, "I'm late already, we'll speak about this again."

And with that, I kissed his temple and walked out, making my way towards campus, surprisingly excited for some reason. A fire starting to brew within me as I thought of seeing him, my legs beginning to buckle under me, but I kept my stance and continued walking.

I didn't have many friends, only here and there I'd find one or two people who had the same interest as mine, but that about it. I usually focused on my family and situations at home and.. of course, my studies. None of those required friends. I never needed them then, and I wont start needing them now. I smiled to myself, continuing my journey to college, adding a little skip in my steps every now and then.

Finally reaching my destination, I slumped down next to my locker, grateful my legs hadn't gave in on themselves yet from all the skips.

I took out the books I needed for today and removed the ones I didn't need, packing them in my backpack as I made my way towards my first class.

English.

I was mainly planning on majoring in English, but then I realised how dumb that would be, no offense to those who did it, I love English, but it wont exactly take me to where I want to go. It won't take me to working in a high end job or pay alot of money every month, instead, I could see myself tending to tables of people who had the luxury life- the life that I wanted. Taking orders and getting doggy bags ready, what place would want someone who is experienced in English?

Taking my usual seat, I slumped down and waited, watching as students one for one made their way into the class, some carrying enthusiastic looks, others carrying suicidal looks, and the rest looking... not wanting to be in school?

I mentally laughed, as I watched the principle enter the class, the entire room filling with aukward silence and tension the minute she stepped in. I groaned and pretended to care to whatever she was about to say.

I bet it wasn't even important.

Probably just some random announcement.

"Good morning, fellow students," she started and I groaned again, the rest of the class greeting back slowly, "I just wanted to let all of you know, that first term examinations are coming up, and with that being said, I want you all to have a positive mindset, set your goals straight, and get your act together. This will be the last year of your academic career, before you all take off to do your destined jobs, and dreams. But remember, those dreams can only be accomplished by dedication, determination, respect, focus and true faith in yourselves. I believe in all you, good luck."

The class cheered and clapped their hands in applause, some even whistling and I could already see the pride running through her veins as she held her head high, dismissing herself.

Urgh.

*
*
*

Third period, and I'm already drained. Instead of hopes of coming to school with a 'positive mindset' all I want to do right now is sleep. I took my seat and waited anxiously, yet tiredly, for Camer- Mr Lockhart to come walking in.

And that he did.

After half an hour.

"Good morning, sorry I'm late, had a few urgent matters to attend to, but I'm back now," He spoke in a quick tone, gathering his things and arranging them again.

My eyebrows scrunched together as I watched him closely, where was he? Millions of thoughts running through my mind, the main one being that he... he could have been with a girl. I looked to his neck, where a red mark was showing, and he didnt even try to hide it whatsoever. I sank back in my seat, my heart dropping in my ass as I thought of what they were doing that would make him so... late.

Anger, sadness, envy...

All of those coursing through my brains at the same time had my head spinning and my body feeling drained. I looked up again, this time, meeting his eyes. He looked at me, and a smile immediately formed on his features, a certain glow emitting from them the more he did. I didnt smile back. I gathered my notes, and began starting with my assignment, pretending as if that... mark, wasn't bothering me.

After class, I tried my best to scurry away, not wanting to be In his presence anymore either way, but the minute everyone was out, I was always the last one to leave, and when I tried to leave, he had me pinned against the wall, locking us in.

His eyes, staring into my own, searching for something his eyebrows scrunched together, his hands on either side of my face, trapping me in. My head hanging low as I looked down to the ground.

"What's the matter?" He asked, concern laced in his voice, but I convinced myself he was doing it because he felt obligated, not because he wanted to.

"Nothing."

He growled, "What's. The. Matter."

"I. Said. Nothing!" I squeale, trying to get out of his grip, but it was near to impossible.

"Alyssa. Please," he looked into my blue eyes, his grey ones basically pleading me to tell him. He looked saddened, and like he was trying to make me feel better, not because he had to, but kind of like... like he really cared.

I squinted my eyes and exhaled, our noses almost touching as I said, "Who is she?"

_________________________________________________________