Part 9:

Hi guys!!! It's been a while hasn't it? I'm REALLY SORRY for not posting a lot recently. Testing is up right now and it has been a bit stressful. Here's a little bit of story to read, hope you like it!

Y/N's POV
----------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, I can talk to animals"

We had been on my balcony for what seemed like an hour, and all the while Varian was pacing back and forth with his hands behind his back. Finally he sat down.

I held rudiger close to my chest as I waited for an answer. If Varian were to get up and leave the room, I wouldn't blame him. This was a really weird thing to find out about a friend you haven't even known for a full day. But he didn't get up. In fact, he scooted closer to me, a really serious look in his eyes.
"Can I ask a question?"

I nodded quickly
"Of course!"

He raised his hand to touch my forehead and took my hand in his other. I was mentally dying. He looked into my eyes and asked...

"Can he read minds?"

I looked at him, then burst into laughter. I shook my head while clutching my stomach.
"No, rudiger cannot read minds"

He sighed and pretend to wipe his forehead.
"Phew! That's a relief!"

He smiled warmly at me and held my hands.

"Don't worry, I'm not weirded out by the 'talking to animals' thing. Honestly, it just makes you cooler"

He blinked, then his eyes widened.
"Woah! Are you crying?!"

I touched my eyes and to my surprise I was indeed, crying. I quietly laughed and gave a small shrug. I guess I was so used to people running away that I never thought people would actually like me for me.
"Y/N?"
I looked up him, the tears still on my face. He wiped the tears off of my cheek and pushed the hair out of my eyes.
.
.
.
"Um, guys?"

We both turned and dropped our hands, our faces a little like the color of a rose. Raps and Cassandra (who was holding rudiger) were grinning so hard it looked like it hurt!

"Well, we'll leave you two alone," said Raps. She grabbed Cassandra's hand and lead her out. At the last minute, rudiger jumped out of Cassandra's arms and ran toward Varian. A low noise was coming from his throat. It kind of looked like he was trying to growl. I didn't think it was that scary, but Varian backed up just enough for me to notice. I smiled and picked up rudiger, petting his head. He nuzzled my arm with his nose. I giggled.

"Stop that! It tickles!"

3rd POV
-----------------------------------------------------------
Varian cocked his head to the side. He had this strange feeling in the pit of his stomach as he watched Y/N play with rudiger and realized that if he didn't indeed believe in magic, he would have never seen her at all. Everything that had happened since he had met her all seemed like a dream. He hadn't been this happy since... ever.

His heart made a loud thump of realization (he feared she had heard):

...............She's my wish come true.