Part 15

Hey guys, I just wanted to clear something up. From now on, whenever you and Varian are talking to each other, it will be slanted and underlined, but yours will also be bolded. Enjoy the chapter!

Y/N's POV

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh, we can read each other's thoughts! That wasn't supposed to happen right?

Hey Y/N, can you really hear me?

I froze on the bed. There was no denying it, I just heard his voice! Leo looked at me, concern on his face.

"Are you ok? You just got all stiff"

Quirin went to look over Varian and Leo agreed to stay with me.

"I thought you had things to do"

He nodded. "I did, and I was on my way back from the blacksmith's house when I heard Quirin yell. It worried me, so I came to see if everything was ok and I found you guys"

He had a washcloth in his hand and was wiping the blue liquid off my arm. It felt a little tingly afterward, but I brushed it off. I smiled.

"Thank you for helping us."

He smiled, "don't worry about it, I couldn't leave you guys hanging."

Y/N? You there?

"Yes"

Leo's look of confusion grew. "You sure you're ok? Maybe you need more sleep-"

I waved my hands in front of me. "I was saying yes! That you are a nice person and because of that, you couldn't leave us hanging. Sorry, sometimes I forget that people can't hear what I'm thinking, heh"

He looked skeptical, but he dropped it. I answered Varian

Yeah, I can hear you. Can you hear me?

Yeah

I shuddered a bit, Leo noticed and wrapped the blanket tighter around me.

"Thanks, you think I can see Varian?"

Leo nodded, helped me up and led me to the other room. I saw him and threw my arms around him. He chuckled, "Good to see you too"

We stayed like that for a bit until Leo coughed. I forgot he was here.

"oops," We untangled and laughed awkwardly.

We need to talk later

I nodded slightly, Yeah, I know

Quirin returned to the room with two soup bowls, bread, and water. Varian took his and devoured it within the first few minutes he got it, but I thought it would be rude to eat without everyone else. A few minutes later  Quirin returned with food for himself and Leo and we all sat down, and to be frank, I think that was the best meal that I've ever had. Everyone was here, talking, laughing, not busy with things. It felt great. Finally, the sun was setting and it was time for Leo to go home. Me and Varian were feeling better and said goodbye to him at the door. Varian shook his hand.

"Thank you again"

He nodded and I gave him a hug.

"Yes, thank you so much. And thank you for the ride"

He smiled, said goodnight, and left. We turned back to see Quirin with his arms crossed and a strange look on his face. Not exactly angry, but not-not angry. His eyes went to Varian.