Part 18

3rd person POV

----------------------------------------------------------

After Princess Y/N left, there was a sort of uncomfortable silence in the home of Varian and Quirin, and Leo noticed right away. He then made the quick excuse of taking her home to leave, but before he left, he whispered  into Quirin's ear;

"I know it was you"

Quirin's body stiffened just enough for Leo to notice as he said his goodbyes to Varian.

------------------------------------------

As Leo began to run after Y/N his mind was racing. Should he tell them what he saw? Or would it be too much for them?

PRESENT TIME

Y/N's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I walked through the halls of the palace, looking to see where Eugene was. I had gone to his, raps, and my room but haven't found anyone yet.

"Hello? Anyone?"

I was extremely tired and wanted to go to my room but I didn't want to worry anyone. I continued my search until I found my favorite chameleon.

"Pascal! Do you know where everyone is?"

He nodded his little green head as he pointed his tail to the door that leads to the garden. There I saw Cassandra, Eugene, and Raps picking flowers for the (I'm assuming) festival. I walked down the steps.

"Hey guys!"

Raps turned her head in surprise. "Y/N!!!!!!!" She threw her arms around me. I weakly patted her back. And that's when I saw it. The anger of an older brother. He stomped over to me, grabbing the sleeves of my dress.

"Why. Are. You. So. Late?"

I gulped, "Well, you see, I got caught talking to one of the leaders, and I guess I lost track of time, hehe"

He continued to stare at me, the sweat now going down my back. Finally, he wrapped his arms around me in a very tight hug.

"Please don't scare me like that again"

I was taken aback for a moment, but then hugged him back with a firm 'ok'. He let go of me, handing me his basket.

"Now that you're here, you can take over for me. I'm tired"

My eyes widened. "Is that why you wanted me back so quickly?! So you could ditch a job??"

Raps had her back turned to him when he pointed at his ring finger. I now understood.

"Fine, but only this once, got it? I really wanted to get some more sleep tonight"

He mouthed a 'thank you' before running to who knows where and I looked at what he had picked.

"So, what kinds of flowers are we picking?"

Raps picked up a colorful tulip and answered, "We're picking out a few of our favorite flowers, for the royal bouquet on display"

I nodded. Kind of a weird thing to do, but who am I to judge? I picked a few f/f (favorite flower), Some Yellow roses, and some turquoise orchids.

"Oooh, what's with the turquoise?" I jolted, quickly stuffing them into the basket.

"I-I just like the color, no other reason!"

Raps rolled her eyes and smiled. "Whatever you say. Hey, what are the yellow roses for?"