Part 16

Y/N's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I hear the sound of birds chirping, feel the breeze filter through a crack in the window, the smell of something absolutely delicious comes from another room, and as I open my eyes....... I'm blinded by the sun.

"ow!"

I blink rapidly to get the pain to leave faster, and as I stumble around, I trip over my boots and land on the ground, hard. I mumble incoherent things as I rubbed my backside. I hear a trill outside my window and see a more than usual chubby raccoon tries his hardest to squeeze through. When he succeeds, he runs at me, only giving me a few minutes to prepare myself for impact. He halts just in front of me, his little frantic eyes going everywhere at once. He tries to form words but all I hear is;

apples!...........rocks..................s-s-scary!!!

I pick him up. Woah! Slow down buddy, I can't understand you.

Varian's father opens the door, and as you can guess, he was a little confused.

"Is, uh everything ok?"

I nodded, setting Rudiger down.

"Yes! Sorry, he's our pet. I mean, my pet, but Varian named him"

Quirin nodded slowly, "ok, just wanted to say that I made breakfast. Varian refuses to eat without you"

I thanked him and he closed the door. Once he left I changed into a simple dress 

(you can change the colors to whatever you want), fixing my hair so it stays out of my face, then walked to the kitchen

(you can change the colors to whatever you want), fixing my hair so it stays out of my face, then walked to the kitchen. I saw Varian and his father sitting at the table, they seemed to be in an argument.

"You can't just bring people into the lab!"

"Why not? Nothing happened, and I know what I'm doing!"

"Really? Then why did you think it was a good idea to drink something you didn't know was safe? Let alone have a princess try it! I told you to just leave this stuff alone. Be a normal teenager, have fun, go out-"

Varian slammed his hands on the table.

"It's not just me who should have to change! Maybe if you actually cared about my projects, or tried to help me things might be a little normal, but even then......"

He shifted his eyes away from his dad. Quirin put down his fork.

"What is it? Spit it out"

"Nevermind"

Quirin was raising his voice now, "No, what were you going to say?"

Varian choked out another excuse, to which hid dad yelled, "What is it?!"