I Thought You Loved Me, pt 17

CC's POV

I quickly ran out to the lounge and screamed seeing Ashley laying on the ground, bleeding out. I kneeled down to Ashley and put his head on my lap, I then started to hit him slightly on his cheek.

"B-baby, wake up. Wake up Ashley" I said as tears slipped down my cheeks. He didn't answer me but I could tell his breathing was shortening. I quickly got up and went to our room and got dressed as fast as possible. I went into Brook's room and lifted her up.

"W-we have to take daddy to the h-hospital baby" I stuttered as I put a sleep Brook into her car seat. I carried Ashley to the car and put him in the front seat then went back into the house and grabbed Brook's car seat and quickly got her in the car.

Outside I could hear police sirens, probably for the shooter. I got into the car then quickly drove to the hospital, once there I carried Ashley into the hospital.

"M-my husband! He was shot! Please help him!" I cried.

A few doctors ran up to me and put Ashley onto a stretcher "We'll try everything we can Mr. Coma" the doctor said calmly then took Ashley down the hall into the farther part of the hospital.

I ran back to the car and grabbed Brook's car seat then got back into the hospital and sat in the waiting room. The nurse at the front desk gave me papers to fill out while the doctors were checking Ashley. As I filled the papers out Brook began waking up, she looked at me confused.

"Dada?" She looked at me.

"W-what baby?"

"Dada" she started looking around, I'm guessing for Ashley.

"Dada is getting a checkup baby... He's gonna be okay"

"Ooh.." She laid back in her car seat, I gave her my keys to play with and she began to giggle as she played with them.

~2 hours later~

I waited impatiently for the doctors to tell me the news about Ashley. All I wanted was for them to give me the good news about Ashley and then go home.

A doctor then walked out with a clipboard "Mr. Coma?" She called.

I quickly picked up Brook's car seat and stood up "Y-yes?"

"Sir... It looks like Ashley doesn't have a lot of time left. You'll have to see him while you can"

I nodded and held back my tears. The doctor led me to Ashley's room, when I saw him my heart dropped. He had IV's in his arms, bandages over his stomach and he was hooked up to a slow moving heart monitor.

I sat in a chair next to Ashley and grabbed his limp hand. "Oh baby... I'm so sorry for everything bad that I've ever done to you," I kissed his hand and wiped away the tears that were quickly slipping down my cheeks "I love you with all my heart and if we could I'd get married to you right now in this very moment... I remember the day we met babe" I chuckled slightly "If you hadn't been the clumsy man you are and spilled your coffee on me then we wouldn't be engaged or have our baby" I smiled sadly.

I opened my mouth to say something else but then the monitor flat lined. "Ashley!" I sobbed. Brook jumped from my sob and began to cry. I took her out of her seat and held her close to my chest, "Dada! Dada!" She cried and tried grabbing Ashley. I put her on Ashes chest as she cried, she put her hands around his neck and hugged him the best she possibly could.

I could see my tears got onto Ashley's hand, they were collecting in the palm of Ashley's hand. I covered my face as I sobbed, I can't believe the love of my life was gone forever. As I cried I could hear a few noises but I blocked them out, at first I thought I heard Ashley talk but of course I didn't.

"Shh... Don't cry my loves.." Ashley mumbled.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "A-Ash? Baby?"

He slowly put his hands on Brook's back as she kept hugging his neck. "Yes?" He said slowly and opened his eyes. He looked over at me and smiled weakly.

"I love you... I love you a lot.."

"I love you too my love"

I smiled slightly and pulled Brooklyn away from Ashley. I put her back into her car seat and gave her my keys once again. She smiled as she jingled the keys over and over, I grabbed Ashley's hand and intertwined our fingers. I leaned over and kissed him gently, Ashley kissed back and smiled.

"My wound hurts babe"

"Ooh my sexy man has a bullet wound"

"Haha very funny" he said sarcastically and shook his head smiling.

"You'll probably have to stay over night baby, but Brooklyn and I will be here with you, okay?"

He nodded "Can we plan more of the wedding then?"

"I'll go home and get our wedding plans babe" I kissed his head. He smiled at me and held my hand tightly, I then smiled back and looked into his eyes; I have my baby and our little girl with me. Soon I'll be married to the love of my life and we'll live to love each other forever and always.