Long Journey Pt. II

Royal Rumble - January 27, 2019

The road to Wrestlemania 35 had begun

The road to Wrestlemania 35 had begun. The first stop on the road was the Royal Rumble. It was taking place at Chase Field in Arizona. A big stadium for one of WWE's biggest PPVs of the calendar year. Tonight has been a star studded evening as multiple titles defenses and the inaugural 30-women Royal Rumble match, which was won by Becky Lynch. The main event of the night was the annual 30 man Royal Rumble match. 

Prior to the men's Royal Rumble was the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match between AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan. Despite his best efforts, Daniel fell a victim to the Styles Clash and was down for the three count. After the match, AJ grabbed a microphone and stood in the middle of the ring. 

AJ: 20 years in the business ain't too bad. Very few people in this business are lucky to be still be in one piece. I'm grateful that my body has been able to keep up to entertain you, day in and day out. Although my body is still able to stand to the rigors of this business, there will come a day where I won't have the strength to keep going. What I'm trying to say is... I will be retiring. Now, I won't be retiring today but I want to retire at the biggest stage. 

He then points to the huge WrestleMania sign. 

AJ: At WrestleMania. So I will be paying close attention to the men's Royal Rumble. WrestleMania 35 will be... Phenomenal.

His music began to play again and he left the ring. After AJ exited through the titantron, the ring announcer entered the ring.

Ring Announcer: And now, ladies and gentlemen. It is time for the annual men's Royal Rumble match. The match will begin with two competitors. Every minute thereafter, a new competitor will enter the ring. This process will repeat all 30 competitors have entered the ring. In order to eliminate a competitor, he must be thrown over the top rope and both feet must touch the ground. The last competitor to remain in the match will be declared the winner and entitled to a title match at WrestleMania. 

16 Minutes Later

So far, 10 men have entered the match and the latest entrant Seth Rollins eliminated Elias from the match. The countdown for the 11th competitor began. As the timer reached zero, the audience held its breath to see who come out at number 11. 

Cole: Oh my!

Graves: Strap in folks as we are witnessing a legend in the making.

Lawler: This Helios kid has been making headlines all over the world. 

JBL: If I had to bet on who's winning the Rumble, I'd say Helios!