Chapter 5- Date night

After Connors FaceTime call, the guys left and Jack said he would be back to pick me up around 6.

It was currently 5:58 and I was almost ready. I finished applying my mascara and then looked in the mirror. I had this adorable two piece on that was black and white checkered. I added black pumps and headed down the stairs.

By the time I got down there, Jack was sitting on the couch talking to my parents. Oh no. This is going to be fun.

Once Jack saw me, his eyes lit up which caused me to smile.
"I already talked to your parents, and they said that I could take you. But I'll have you home by 11." He said with a smile and kissed my hand.

I said bye to my parents and we made our way outside to Jacks car. I got into the passengers seat and we were off.

"So.." Jack said intertwining our fingers, "I have I ever told you that you look absolutely stunning?" He asked, making my cheeks slightly red.

I laughed, "You're so cheesy it's insane." I said with a smile.

We soon arrived at this fancy Italian restaurant that had a beautiful fountain outside. Knowing Jack, he made me get in front of it so he could take pictures of me but he knew I wouldn't be cooperative.

We finally went inside and Jack told them her name and she took us to an area that was sort of in the back so we had a little bit more privacy.

"Tell me about yourself Ava." Jack said once we were settled down. "Like the things I don't already know."

"Well, my middle name is Grace. And that's probably the only thing you don't know." I said with a laugh.
"Tell me about yourself Hughes."

"Well," he said dramatically taking in a breath, "I have an older brother Quinn who you already know, and a younger brother, Luke. I'm projected to go number one overall next year and I'm literally so scared I'm shitting my pants." He said making my eyes go wide.

"Are you serious? Jack that's amazing." I said standing up and hugging him. "Where do you think you're going to get drafted to?" I asked.

"Well, New Jersey has a good chance of picking me, and I wouldn't mind going there because they have a lot of talent there." He said honestly.

"Well, I know a couple of guys from there, and they're super cool and chill." I said with a smile, thinking about Nico, Taylor, and Mackenzie.

Before we knew it, the night came to an end, and the smile still wouldn't leave my face.

Jack pulled up to my house and we just sat in silence for a second.
"Goodnight Annabella Grace Brodeur." He said with a smile. He started to lean in, but I turned my cheek
"Sorry buddy, I don't kiss on the first date." I said teasingly and hopped out of the car.

I had a smirk on my face as I started to walk away, but I heard the window roll down.

"Ava Wait." Jack said from the car
I turned around, "Yes Jack?" I said with a hand on my face.
It was now his turn to wear the smirk, "Nothing I just wanted to see that god given face of yours, again."

_______

The next morning when I woke up, I decided to post on Instagram.