17 - things must come to an end

It was now Wednesday and I was leaving Friday. I could not find a way to tell Jack at all. It was killing me that I had to keep this from him, but there was no other way for me to tell him. And I don't even know if I should end the relationship with him or not.

The boys were all coming over one last time tonight because tomorrow I had to pack. So I had invited Jack over a little bit earlier than the boys because i had to tell him alone.

I was sitting on my bed just thinking about what I was going to say to him, when my door opened and Jack walked in with a smile on his face.

"Hey baby" he said, kissing my cheek and sitting next to me on the bed. I smiled at him, trying to admire him while he was happy before everything turned into a mess.

I pushed my lips against his softly, yet passionately, "I love you more than anything."

He smiled, "Well I love you more than anything Times ten." I laughed at his childish manner and grabbed his hand.

"Promise me that you won't hate me after what I'm about to tell you." I blurted out and he raised his eyebrows at me, "I could never hate you. Just tell me."

I took in a deep breath, "My dad got a job offer in New Jersey because they want him to work with the devils organization again."

He looked at me with the happiest face, "Thats amazing, Annabella. What's so bad about that..." he stopped in his tracks, "Youre not going with him are you?"

My head went down and I looked at the floor, not being able to handle this anymore.
"Ava" he said and I still didn't look up, "Annabella." He said more sternly, placing his thumb on my cheek and lifting my head up, "Please tell me you're not going too."

Hi voice cracked and that's what made my heart break into a million pieces, "Jack, I'm sorry, but it's not my choice. My dads going, I'm not just going to leave my family behind."

He shook his head at me, "How long have you know about this? When are you leaving?"
I sighed, "I found out a week ago and I'm leaving Friday."

He got up off of the bed out of frustration and paced around the room, "Are you fucking kidding me? You've known for a whole week and didn't think to tell me?"

I rubbed my temples, "Jack what else do you want me to tell you? I'm sorry okay? It's not exactly easy to find a time to tell your boyfriend that you're moving to another state." I said, getting teary eyes.

His voice cracked once again, "I just don't understand why you couldn't tell me."

"Because I knew that along with telling you, I'd have to break up with you as well." I admitted and looked down at my hands that were shaking.

"You're breaking up with me?" He asked, his eyes now getting teary, "We we're going to do long distance when I went back home so what's the difference now?"

I frowned, "Jack I've been thinking about it and long distance is way too much stress. It's just too much to worry about and-" I was cut off by jack placing his lips on mine.

The kiss lasted a couple seconds and when he pulled away he let a tear slip down his eye, "Youre telling me that you want to throw that away?" He said in barley a whisper.

Tears were now flowing down my face, "I don't want to but I need to."

The words barely came out of my mouth before Jack left my room, slamming the door. Not even a minute after he left, Trevor and Will busted through my door.

"Why was Jack crying when he left? Wait, why are you crying?" Trevor asked, instantly coming over and rubbing my back.

Will put two and two together, "You told him, didn't you?" He asked softly. I nodded and cried into Trevor's chest.

After a good ten minutes of crying, I sat up, "Would you guys mind leaving the room for a little while I call Connor? After that, we're gonna have an amazing last night, I promise."

Trevor sent me a sad smile, "Of course Avers." With that they both left the room and I instantly called Connor.

He answered the phone with a happy face but once he realized I was crying, he frowned, "What's wrong? Let me guess, you told him?"

I nodded and once again started sobbing, "I shouldn't h-have waited. I k-knew that it would be w-worse if I waited and I s-still did it anyways."

Hi jaw clenched in anger at the fact that I was so upset but he let me continue.

"Was it selfish of me?" I asked, controlling the sobs a little bit, "That I had to end things because the stress was too much for me? That I waited until my last day to tell him because I was so selfish and I wanted more time with him, knowing that it would break us up?" I asked, rubbing my temples from the migraine that was starting to form in my head.

"Annabella, it's not selfish. I'm sure if he was you he would do the same thing if he actually loved you. And selfish or not, this kids an ass for not understanding you or at least trying to understand why you did it. And remember, all good things come to an end at one point, but that doesn't mean they can't start back up again." He said, sighing.

"Alright, Thanks Conor. I'm gonna go hang out with the boys while I can. I'm not gonna let Jack and I's relationship, or what's left of it, ruin my night." I said with a fake smile

He let out a soft chuckle, "Goodnight Ava, I love you."

"Love you too"