Chapter 19 - NHL

2 weeks later

avabrodeur missing everyone right now🥺73,839 likes                                       Comments

73,839 likes
                                       Comments

trevorzegras miss u bbg
cmcdavid new room who dis
joshnorris miss my sissy
quinnhughes love u
mitchmarner hey homie text me if u need💗
spencerknight I MISS U SM
dylanstrome dw princess, I play NJ soon💚
jackhughes dylanstrome watch it bud
willbrodeur woah^^^
coleclaufield ^that hit something
alexturcotte ^^quaking

My eyes widened at my comment section. Jack actually still cares about me, wow. After all of this time, I tried to think of every possible scenario on why he would make me open a letter every two weeks, but then I realized. He sent 11 cards but said I had to open one every two weeks. And guess what was going on in 22 weeks? Draft day, in which I would see him.

I got a text from my dad saying that we were leaving in 10 minutes so I got up and got ready. I grabbed all of my hockey gear and headed to the rink with him. Coach Hynes, the head coach of the Devils, let me practice with them all the time because he's known since I was little.

I grabbed the pink envelope that had been waiting for me on my dresser and shoved it in my bag, heading out of the door.

Once I got to the arena I immediately changed into my gear and threw my hair up into a ponytail, instantly heading out onto the ice. It was such a stress reliever to not be in pain anymore.

I gladly took my first lap around the rink, pushing myself the fastest I could go.

"Easy there, Ava, the ice never did anything to you." I look across the ice to see one person that I've been friends with ever since I first was in Jersey, Taylor Hall. And besides him was another good friend, and handsome friend might I add, Miles Wood.

The two skated over to me and smiled. "Hey Ava." Taylor said and Miles put an arm around my shoulder.
I smiled at them both, "Hey."

Before I could say anything, coach Hynes came out on the ice with the rest of the boys following.
"Alright." He shouted, "Everyone start with 5 laps around the rink. Go."

I gave Taylor and Miles, easily the two fastest skaters on the team, a smirk. I clearly wanted to race.

I pushed my feet until they were burning, striding along the ice and keeping a steady pace in 1st place. I gladly grazed the ice and finished all 5 laps in 1st place.

"Annabella, keeping first place as usual." Coach Hynes said approvingly and I smiled. Once everyone finished, we all took a knee in front of Hynes.

He told us our drills and once we finished those, he told us our teams for an end of practice scrimmage.

My team was me, Taylor, the new kid Nico that's actually really chill that I met 2 weeks ago, Sami Vatenan whos one of our best defenders, and our very own captain, Andy Green. I nodded, satisfied at our team, which was basically the first line and got to the circle. I was a right wing, Taylor left, and Nico center.