Chapter 12 - family

3 MONTHS LATER (DECEMBER)

everything has finally started going back to normal for me. My dad has finally moved on from Gen, my brothers were all doing really good in their hockey season, I got my incision on my leg and was almost completely recovered, and Jack and I had been doing better than ever.

Well... about that. I was currently freaking out in my room because Jacks family had come to DC to watch his and Quinn's first tournament. And yup, you guessed it, I get to meet them today. One of Jacks aunts had lived in DC so I was going to drive there and eat diner with them.

"Girl, you're literally gonna break your leg off if you keep shaking it that much." Victoria said, pointing to my knee that was frantically shaking up and done.

I sighed, "I'm sorry I'm just nervous, I've never actually been in that serious of a relationship that I've had to meet parents." I groaned in furstration, applying more mascara.

Victoria got up and straightened out my outfit a little bit, "Girl you look great, there's literally no need to stress whatsoever." She said with an assuring smile.

(This outfit but with white vans)

I finally had the courage and headed out the front door and into the Jeep. Since Gen was gone guess who got this beauty of a car! I played my music on the 45 minute drive there and thankfully it kind of calmed my nerves for a while.

As soon as my GPS repeated the words, "You've arrived at your destination on the left" I kind of panicked a little bit. But what calmed me down was the fact that Jack was waiting on the porch on his phone.

I took a breath and stepped out of the car, heading towards the humongous house. Jack finally noticed me and looked up with a smile.
"Hey beautiful" he said, embracing me in his arms. I inhaled his smell that made me relax even more.

"Is it bad that I'm nervous?" I asked with a chuckle as he laughed at me, "Dont be, because all that matters is that I like you, so if they don't I guess they have to deal with it."

I connected our lips with that, and it was a short, seeet, and meaningful kiss. That was until a little shriek interrupted us.

A small blonde child was at the door making a disgusted face at me and Jack. We both laughed as Jack spoke up, "Macy, this is my girlfriend Ava, Ava this is my cousin Macy, she just turned 5"

The little girl smiled at me and stuck her hand out. I gladly shook it as she asked me a question, "Who's your favorite princess?"

I was a little taken back by this random question, but I answered the best I could, "Rapunzel." She instantly shrieked and hugged my waist since that's as far as she could reach.