chapter 16 - one week

1 MONTH LATER

New Years had passed, bringing us into a new year and I couldn't be happier. I had everything that I not only needed in life, but everything I wanted, too. Connor, Mitch, and Dylan left but they promised me that I would see them soon so I complied.

I was currently in my room with Jack, sitting facing each other on the bed.
"Are you sure you have to leave in two weeks." I asked with a frown on my face. He pecked my lips and responded, "Yes but I'm coming back here every two weeks until I get drafted, so don't go anywhere."

I groaned and pecked his lips once more, "This is gonna kill me. What am I gonna do without you all the time, without Trevor being my bff all the time, without Josh teaching me something new everyday, or without Spencer's piggy back rides, or without Cole and Alex constantly bullying you, or without Quinn and Will yelling about being uncles all the time." I said, making a puppy dog face with sadness.

He laughed, "Actually Wills staying in DC with you when the tournaments are over, and Cole will probably still constantly bully me." He said, kissing my lips once more.

I frowned, "I know but it's just the best having you here." He gave me a smile and pecked my lips once more. "Well then, let's make this the best two weeks of our life."

I smiled and nodded but then let my voice get quiet, "Are we going to try a long distance relationship?" He looked at me in shock, "Are you kidding me Annabella! You're literally the best part of life, why would I ever want to lose that?"

My vision got burry as tears formed in my eyes, "I just can't lose you." He pulled me into a hug, holding me tight. "You won't."

---

After mine and Jacks convo my dad told me that we had to do something so out of respect Jack left and my dad had all of my brothers and I sit in the living room.

"Okay guys." He spoke up, "You know how we all loved Jersey very much when I played there." He said and everyone nodded.

"Well, I got a job offer there and.." I cut him off.
"You're not considering moving us there, right? That would be insane" I said and Will nodded, "Yeah, all of our friends are here."

My dad shook his head, "I've decided that we need something new in our lives so, we're going to Jersey." He said with a smile and my younger brothers cheered as Will and I sat there with our jaws open.

"Dad, you can't do this." Will said, standing up as I had his back, "Yeah, DC is home to us."

"I'm sorry kids." He said with a sigh, "But it's not like you guys don't like Jersey. Will, your friends are all going to get drafted anyways, so you're bound to part ways. And Ava, you'll be able to FaceTime them, just like you do with Connor."

I shook my head in disbelief and ran up the stairs. I paused at the top and looked down at my dad, "How long do we have?"

He looked back up at me, "1 week"

-----

After laying under my covers a miserable wreck for 6 hours, it was already dark out.

I had to make a decision and it was whether or not to break up with Jack. I know it's the same thing, whether he has to fly to jersey or here, but what happens if we move again? It's just too much for me to handle and I mean this in the least selfish way possible.

I called will into my room, and he came with a pout on his face.
"I need a favor." I said, patting the bed next to me for him to sit. He followed my command and sat next to me, "What's up?"

I sighed, "Can you not tell the boys that were moving yet? Or at least tell them not to tell Jack? I have to find my own way to tell him."

He nodded, "I have to tell them that we're moving Ava, but I'll make sure they won't tell Jack. As long as you do me a favor." He said