Chapter #4

Jungkook was about to walk up to his room but stopped when seeing his sister in the living room. He was about to go to her but decided to step back when he saw one of the maids walking towards him. He stopped her by holding onto her arm.

"Is Seolhyun here?"

Jungkook asked as the maid shook her head.

"No. She went to go visit her mother. She told me to tell you that she'll be sleeping over for the night."

Jungkook nodded as the maid continue with her job as Jungkook walks into the living room sitting on a single chair to the side of the couch where Somi were sitting on.

"I have something to confess."

Jungkook randomly said as Somi looks up to meet his eyes.

"What is it?"

Somi asked softly as Jungkook heaves out a heavy sigh while both of them were waiting for his reply.

"I got ... someone else pregnant."

Jungkook said as Somi froze on her spot. She didn't know what to say but to stare at him, while Jungkook averts his eyes around the room.

"What did you say?"

Somi asked as Jungkook looks back at her.

"I got someone else pregnant."

Jungkook repeated himself as Somi couldn't believe her ears. Somi was about to ask but Jungkook caught on.

"It happened 2 months ago. Do you remember the argument that mom and Seolhyun had after when we came back from the doctor's appointment?"

Jungkook asked as Somi nodded her head.

"It was that same night. Seolhyun and I got into an argument and I went out to have a little drink to release some stress. That night I got drunk and I thought she was Seolhyun and I touched her."

Somi didn't know what to do but to keep listening to him, while nodding her head.

"And now she's pregnant and she doesn't know what to do and the same goes for me. I'm a married man. I ... don't know how to solve this problem and I don't know how to tell this to Seolhyun and to mom"

Jungkook confessed as Somi looks at him with sympathy.

"You know that mom would be happy hearing this news regardless of who she is."

Somi said as Jungkook closes his eyes in frustration.

"I know that, it's just doesn't feel right. I'm married to Seolhyun, okay. I'm suppose to stay loyal to her as her husband and yet I go out and had an affair. It just doesn't feel right."

"From the way you were explaining, it was an accident. You didn't purposely had an affair. If Seolhyun really loves you like she said, she'll understand."

Somi tried to defend him as he constantly shakes his head in stress. Somi then got up from her seat and leaned down on the ground to reach his eye level and softly caresses his hands to try to calm him down.

"I don't know what I'm suppose to do."

Jungkook said with tears streaming down his face as Somi quickly wipes it away.

"What is her name?"

Somi asked with a soft smile.

"Haneul. Kang Haneul."

Jungkook replied as Somi kept the smile on her face.

"What you need to do is bring Haneul here and take care of her and the baby."

"What about Seolhyun?"

"I'll take care of Seolhyun, you don't need to worry about her. Right now, Haneul and the baby is your first priority. I'll call mom and tell her the news myself."

Jungkook nodded his head as he held onto her hands, while Somi was comforting him.

"You'll get through this. Okay?"

Somi said as Jungkook nods his head. Somi then leans forward and gave him a hug as he hugged back.

"What are you doing sweetheart?"

Mrs. Kang asked as Haneul continues to pack her luggage.

"I'm going far away from this place."

Haneul said as she continued to pack. Mrs. Kang walks to her and stops her turning Haneul to face her while holding onto her hands.

"I can't stay here mom. I can't give birth to this baby here. I'm going to the U.S. and I'm going to give birth there and give it up for adoption."

Mrs. Kang frown and slightly shook her head.

"This is my body, mom and I've thought it through. Please, just let me decide this on my own."

Haneul begged as Mrs. Kang sighs and gives in.

"When are you going?"

"Tonight. I'm going there asap and tonight is the last flight for this week."

Haneul said as Mrs. Kang nodded her head while they both hugged it out.

Jungkook got into his car and started the engine. Before he could drive off, his phone ringed. It was a random number as he picks it up with a sigh.

"Hello."

Jungkook said with a monotone.

"Jungkook. This is Mrs. Kang, Haneul's mother."

Jungkook stiffened in his spot as he suddenly panics.

"If you really do care about the baby and really do want to take responsibility for it, you better come here fast."

Jungkook frowned.

"Why? Did something happen?"

Jungkook asked as Mrs. Kang went quiet on the other line.

"Haneul is planning on going to LA to give birth there and give it up for adoption. If you don't come here fast, you won't ever see your baby's face."

Mrs. Kang said as she quickly hung up, while Jungkook threw his phone onto the passenger seat and quickly drove to her house.

Haneul dragged her luggage as she sensed the house being empty.

"Mom?"

She called out to Mrs. Kang but no one responded back. She didn't have much time as she wrote a little note and left it on the table counter, while walking towards the front door. She opened the door and closes it, while walking to the taxi that she called. She puts her luggage at the trunk of the car and got into the back seat, telling the driver to go to her destination.

As the taxi drove, it was stopped halfway on the road as another black car parked in front, blocking their way. Haneul got out of the car as her eyes widen, seeing Jungkook getting out of the car and walking towards her.

"Where do you think you're going?"

To Be Continued 

April 20, 2019