Chapter #17

Jungkook sighs as he gets up from the bed and went downstairs. As soon as he walked into the kitchen, he saw Somi and his mother cooking. He frowned as he walks to the kitchen counter, leaning on it.

"What are you guys doing?"

Jungkook asks as both Somi and Mrs. Jeon stopped their movement and looked back at him. Jungkook raised one of his eyebrows as Somi shrugged her shoulders.

"We're ... making dinner."

Somi said as Jungkook chuckles.

"And why are you guys making dinner? We can just go and eat at a restaurant."

Jungkook said as Mrs. Jeon placed her plate of food and walked to him with a smile.

"We're just celebrating."

Mrs. Jeon said as Jungkook frowned even more.

"And what exactly are you guys celebrating for?"

Jungkook asked as both Somi and Mrs. Jeon chuckles in confusion.

"Didn't you call Haneul and clear things up?"

Somi asked as Jungkook sighs in response.

Haneul was deep in her own thoughts as she gently swings back and forth on the rocket chair. She absolutely knew what to do, but something inside her mind keeps telling her otherwise.

"What do you want, Jungkook?"

Haneul asked as Jungkook deeply inhaled and exhaled. Haneul was leaning against the window frame waiting for him to speak and explain what's the reason to why he called her.

"Look, Haneul. I called you because I wanted to explain myself. I know what I did and said to you was wrong and I really want to apologize. I don't know what came over me and I was so stupid for it."

Jungkook stopped speaking as Haneul calmly stayed quiet.

"I just ... want you to come back. I need you. I just .. I don't know how to explain it. I just need you here with me, by my side."

Haneul deeply sighs as she leans off the window frame and stood up straight.

"I don't know, Jungkook. Please just ... give me a dew days to think and clear my mind."

Before Jungkook could speak, Haneul hang up.

Haneul was recalling the moment where she picked up his call and finally gets to hear him after weeks of being apart. Suddenly, she was being brought out of that memory when she heard someone gently knocking on the door frame.

"Sorry to interrupt, but dinner is ready."

Jimin said as Haneul nodded and stood up.

The three of the Jeons sat down in the living room as both Somi and Mrs. Jeon try to put the pieces together.

"So ... Haneul wanted a few days to clear her mind and think? Is that what she said?"

Somi asked as Jungkook nodded his head. Somi sighs and threw both of her arms up in the air in frustration as Mrs. Jeon sat there quietly. Once Somi was calm, she then looked at Jungkook with an irritated expression.

"You know what. If it wasn't for your stupid wife, none of this wouldn't have happened. If she didn't put none of that nonsense stuff inside your head, you wouldn't have done what you did and Haneul would still be here and each one of us would've been happy."

Somi lets out her stress as Jungkook pierced his lips together.

"It's okay, Somi. I'm willingly giving her all the time that she needs. Don't forget, she's still pregnant and I don't want to stress her out even more than this. I'll just have to wait when she's ready to come back."

Jungkook said as Mrs. Jeon gave him a smile and nodded. While on the other hand, Somi rolled her eyes in annoyance to her brother trying to be a gentleman when clearly he should be going to find her and make things up already before everything is too late.

Haneul and Jimin were both watching Netflix, just chilling for the evening when suddenly someone rang the doorbell. Jimin got up and went to open the door only to see Mrs. Kang as he lets her in and both walked into the living room. Mrs. Kang and Haneul exchange hugs.

"Mom, what brings you here?"

Haneul asked as Mrs. Kang gave her a smile as the three of them sat down on the couch.

"I just miss you that's all."

Mrs. Kang said as both mother and daughter tried to cherish the moment; but that moment didn't last long when Mrs. Kang broke the hug.

"Haneul, can you make me those delicious kimbap that you always make for me. I really miss eating those."

Mrs. Kang said as Haneul happily nods her head and walked away to the kitchen. Jimin frowned as he looked to Mrs. Kang. Before Jimin could say anything, Mrs. Kang gestured him to come sit closer to her and that's what he did.

"Jimin, I want to ask you a question and I want you to be honest with me. Can you do that?"

Mrs. Kang asked as Jimin frowned while slowly nodding his head.

"Of course. What did you want to ask me?"

Jimin asked as Mrs. Kang lets out a sigh before asking him the question that has been bothering her for the past few weeks.

"What is the problem between you and Jungkook?"

Once Mrs. Kang asked that question, the smile on his face vanished.

"And I want to know the truth. I don't want you to push the topic away and I don't want you to add any information that is not involved with the problem that you have with Jungkook. I want you to be honest with me ... Now tell me ... what is the problem between you and him?"

Jimin wanted to crawl into a hole and buried himself in there. That idea is way better than bringing up the past once again. The past that he didn't want to remember.

To Be Continued

July 9, 2019