Chapter #12

Haneul and Jungkook were sitting in front of each other in the living room where the coffee table is the only reason that is separating them. She gulps down her saliva in nervous as she plays with her fingers, while Jungkook was looking down in the entire time. Ever since the incident in the hospital, they never spoke a word.

"You're not mad, are you?"

Haneul softly asked as Jungkook sighs, finally looked up, and made eye contact.

"No. I'm not mad. I'm the one to blame because I came late for the ultrasound."

Haneul shook her head.

"I don't blame you. I understand how stressful your job can be, since you are the CEO of your family's company."

Jungkook gave her a soft smile. Haneul got up and walked to him, while handing him the extra ultrasound photo she asked for. He looked up at her and gently took it; realization hit him hard when he knows what it was. She then walked away as Jungkook continue to admire the photo. The only thing that was on his face was his fatherly smile.

It's been weeks since that incident and Haneul was already 3 months in her pregnancy. Her belly was starting to show and it was around that time of the month where she has to buy maternity clothes. Jungkook was helping Haneul shop for clothes when suddenly his phone rings. He left the store and picked up his phone.

"What do you want Seolhyun?"

Jungkook annoyingly asked.

"What's with that tone of yours?! I'm still your wife."

Jungkook sighs and tried to keep his cool.

"Look, Seolhyun. If you're only calling for problems, don't bother. I'm not trying to have a bad mood day."

Before Seolhyun could respond, Jungkook hangs up and walks back to Haneul.

On the other hand, Seolhyun screamed in anger as Mrs. Kim kept quiet. Seolhyun then turned around and threw her phone on the couch.

"That's it. I'm not staying still no more. I'm not going to let him talk to me like that and most importantly, I'm not going to let Haneul take my spot."

Before Mrs. Kim could say anything, Seolhyun grabbed onto her purse and keys and left her mother's house.

Jungkook and Haneul got back from the mall as the maids came and took the stuff. Jungkook then walked over to Haneul and supports her while helping her take off her shoes.

"Are you hungry? If you're hungry, I'll ask the maids to make dinner early."

Jungkook asked as he got done putting away her shoes. Both of them walked over to the living room, while Haneul sighed in exhaustion.

"I'm not hungry yet. I'm just really tired."

Haneul said as Jungkook went and grabbed a pillow and placed it beside her.

"Why don't you rest here for a bit and I'll bring in fruits for you to eat."

Haneul nodded her head as Jungkook went to the kitchen. She then laid down onto the couch to rest her body. Everything was peaceful and silent when suddenly someone barged into the house. Haneul opened her eyes only to see Seolhyun and one of the maids trying to stop her. Haneul got off the couch and stood in front of her.

Before Haneul could say anything, Seolhyun charged towards her and grabbed onto her hair and started pulling. Haneul screamed in pain as the rest of the maids came running in trying to get Seolhyun away from her.

"I've had enough patience with you! Because of you, Jungkook doesn't care for me anymore! I'm tired of living under your shadows!"

Seolhyun screamed in anger as Haneul try to push her away from her. Suddenly, Seolhyun harshly pushes Haneul towards the wall, but before she could hit the wall Jungkook quickly ran up to her and held onto her. Haneul was breathing heavily as Jungkook looks down at her in worriedness.

"Haneul? Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Jungkook asked as Haneul shook her head.

"I'm fine."

Haneul responded as Jungkook angrily looks at Seolhyun. He then lets go of Haneul signalling the maids to come and take care of her. He then walks closer to Seolhyun, giving her the cold eyes.

"Outside. Now."

Jungkook walked away as Seolhyun nervously walks behind. They were both standing in the garden as Jungkook angrily turn to Seolhyun.

"I thought I told you to stay away from her."

Seolhyun scoffed at his response.

"And I thought I told you I was still your legal wife! I told you I need your attention as your wife."

"You acting like this makes me not wanting to give you my attention!"

Jungkook yelled at her trying to get inside her sense of humanity.

"What are you trying to say?"

Seolhyun asked as Jungkook sighs in defeat.

"I love you, Seolhyun and you know that yourself. But you acting like this makes my love that I have for you disappear little by little."

Seolhyun heavily breath in and out as tears starts to show in her eyes.

"Go home, Seolhyun. And don't come back here again and if you try to hurt her in anyway that I think you're thinking of, the next thing you'll see is our divorcement paper."

Jungkook said as he walks away from her while Seolhyun finally lets her tears streamed down from her eyes.

Jungkook was taking care of Haneul after the incident when suddenly someone knocked on the door. The maids went and opened the door as Mrs. Kang walks to them.

"Mom? What are you doing here?"

Haneul asked as Mrs. Kang walks to her and sat down next to her, while Jungkook gave them a smile.

"I called her. I thought you might want to see her after what happened today."

Haneul gave him a smile and thanked him. The smile on Jungkook's face didn't last long when someone familiar also walks into the living room. Jungkook stood up and faced him.

"What are you doing here? I only called Mrs. Kang."

Jungkook said as Jimin gave him a sly smirk.

"I'm still Haneul's special person. I can't let this opportunity pass by."

Jimin said as Jungkook gritted his teeth together. Jimin then walked to Haneul and sat on the opposite side of her. Mrs. Kang sensed the tension as she looks up at Jungkook.

"I'm the one that asked Jimin to give me a ride. I'm sorry, Jungkook for not telling you first."

Jungkook's expression softens and looks at Mrs. Kang.

"It's fine, Mrs. Kang. No worries."

Jungkook says as he sat down on the single couch. Everything was going smoothly until Jimin held onto Haneul's hand and Jungkook's expression went hard once again. For some reason, he wanted to punch Jimin right there and then but didn't know why. That scene of Jimin holding onto her hand just boils his blood.

To Be Continued

June 15, 2019