Chapter #9

Haneul was peacefully sleeping when suddenly she heard someone opening her bedroom door. She squinted her eyes and slowly sat up only to see Jungkook coming in and sitting next to her on the side of the bed.

"What is it, Jungkook?"

Haneul softly asked as Jungkook then stood up and went towards the closet. Haneul frowned when she saw Jungkook taking out her luggage and packing her clothes. Haneul then fully sat up on the bed.

"What are you doing?"

Jungkook continues to pack her clothes as Haneul stood up from the bed and walked to him.

"We're not staying here anymore."

Jungkook said as Haneul frowned.

"Then where are we going?"

Jungkook stopped packing as he turned to her and held onto her shoulders.

"I bought a new house for us. Only us two and some of the maids will be staying there."

Haneul didn't know why they had to leave.

"I can't let you stay here and risk you and the baby's life when Seolhyun is here. I work some days as well and I won't be able to protect you. Staying at another house will be safer."

Jungkook said as Haneul let out a sigh.

"If you're worried about the baby then you don't have to worry. I can take care of myself. I won't let your wife bully me."

Haneul said as Jungkook shook his head.

"It's my job to protect you. I even promised your mom my word that I'll make sure you'll be fine when staying with me."

Jungkook sternly said as Haneul looked down in defeat. He then continued to pack her things as Haneul looks back up at him.

"I'll get my stuff in the restroom."

Haneul said as she went to the bathroom as Jungkook smiled at her.

The morning came as Seolhyun walked into the kitchen only to see no one present at the family table. She sat down when one of the maids came walking to her and placing her breakfast. Before the maids could go, Seolhyun stopped her.

"Where is everyone?"

"Somi went to work early along with Mrs. Jeon."

"Mother is back?!"

Seolhyun asked shockingly as the maid nodded her head.

"Then where is Jungkook?"

The maids hesitate as Seolhyun waits for her answer.

"Jungkook doesn't live here anymore."

The maids said as Seolhyun angrily stood up.

"What!? What do you mean he doesn't live here anymore?!"

"He moved. He left early around two in the morning with Haneul."

The maid then walked out as Seolhyun was angry more than ever. She then let out a scream as she threw her breakfast to the ground.

Mrs. Kang was cleaning the living room when suddenly the doorbell ring. She stopped the vacuum and walked to the door, opening it, only to see a familiar man with an attractive eye smile while smiling.

"Mrs. Kang."

Mrs. Kang returned him a smile as she slowly opened the door wider.

"Jimin. Long time no see."

"Here you go. Roses are from me and my mom."

"Aw, thank you so much."

Mrs. Kang gratefully took the roses before they both gave each other a hug. Mrs. Kang then let Jimin walk into the house and into the living room. Jimin was looking around as he turned back to Mrs. Kang.

"So ... where's Haneul?"

Mrs. Kang then frown when Jimin asked that question.

"You didn't know?"

"Know what?"

"Haneul doesn't live with me anymore. She lives with the Jeons now."

When Mrs. Kang said that, Jimin didn't know what to say. He thought he was hearing things but something in him tells him that what he heard wasn't wrong.

"Wait. Why is she living with them?"

It took awhile for Mrs. Kang to answer him.

"She's pregnant and the child's father is Jungkook. Just a few days ago, he came and picked her up to stay with him."

Jimin frowned when hearing that Haneul got pregnant. None of this doesn't make sense to him at all. All those time when he was hanging out with her before he left Seoul, she never told him about her seeing Jungkook. And if he did know, he wouldn't let Haneul make that mistake before marriage. He then let out a sigh and quickly walked out of the house, leaving Mrs. Kang in worriedness.

Jungkook came back to the house to get some more of his stuff when suddenly Seolhyun came walking into their shared room. He spared her a glance and gave her a smile before continue to pack. She scoffed at him as she walks closer to him.

"You're really just going to leave like that? Without consulting anything with me?!"

Jungkook continues to pack as Seolhyun starts to lose patient and continues to walk up to him and yanks him to face her. Before Seolhyun could say anything, Jungkook beated her to it.

"I'm trying to save this marriage, Seolhyun. Don't make things harder than it already is."

"How are you trying to save this marriage when you're just with her and not giving me any attention?! This isn't fair!"

"You're complaining that this isn't fair?! I told you beforehand that I would still love you no matter what and all I'm asking from you is to not mess with Haneul and to leave her alone. And you can't even do that!"

Jungkook yelled at Seolhyun as she backs away from him, because deep down she knew that everything he said was true.

"Moving out of this house is the only way for me to keep loving you without having to despise you of trying to hurt my own child every chance you get. And if you still want me to love you, you would let me move out."

Jungkook turns back around to finish packing as one tear streamed down Seolhyun's cheek. She then had a disappointment face before walking out of the room, leaving Jungkook behind with a guilt feeling.

The maids were carrying Jungkook's luggage to his car when suddenly another car came driving onto the driveway. Jungkook didn't know who it was until that person came walking out of their car. Jimin harshly closed the door and angrily walked up to him as Jungkook puts both of his hands in his pockets.

"Where's Haneul?"

Jimin trying to ask nicely as Jungkook frowned.

"And why do I need to tell you?"

Jimin then gave him a death glare.

"I don't need to give you a reason. Just tell me where she is and we'll be on our way."

Jimin said as Jungkook scoffed.

"She's not going anywhere. She's staying with me."

Jimin was running out of patience as he harshly grabbed onto Jungkook's collar. Anger was rushing through Jimin's veins as he try to calm himself down through breathing softly as he can. Jimin then said the sentence that triggered Jungkook in some ways through his gritted teeth.

"I won't let the same mistake happen again."

To Be Continued 

May 29, 2019