Chapter Five

Sadie

We talked for only a few more moments until Alexis came to make sure that I was alive, still breathing, probably trying to get his number. But jokes on her I already had it.

"Ready Sadie dear?" She asked and I nodded, holding the painting to my chest and looking him in the eye shyly.

"Thank you, I love it already. I'll send you a picture when I hang it up." I half smiled and he beamed, pleased with himself that he's be receiving a text from me in the near future.

"I'll wait by the phone then...." he nodded, his own eyes reflecting a similar shy nature even though he was beaming from the prospect of a foreign number popping up and realizing that it was me- he awkward girl from the flea market.

"Have fun with that!" Lex chimed in and began to turn my shoulders towards Genevieve who was waiting with an amused expression at this painful conversation on.

"Good bye!" I finally found my voice after a moment of Lex pushing me away and he laughed a little, giving a small wave.

"Bye,"

I let her push and pull until we were around the corner and out of view from his wonderful eyes and I stopped, planting my feet in the ground and turning on my heel to glare at her.

"Are you insane?!" I bellowed and she stared at me, wide eyed and confused by the sudden change in my demeanor. "I had it handled Lex! You didn't have to step in I was doing fine!" I protested, my voice almost in a whine now. She blinked a few times and glanced at Gen before turning her attention back to me.

"Sorry, but I'm like, starving. And that was painful." she admitted and my own eyes went wide, staring at her in surprise.

"Painful? I thought I was doing okay! I got his number without having to try!"

"Oh that's good. I'm proud of you Sadie dear but like I said- starving." she placed her hands on my stomach and pouted at me, causing me to squint my eyes at her and let out a long breath.

"You suck, let's go." I finally sighed and turned away from her again, heading towards the door. I was incredibly annoyed that she had decided to tear me away from him before we could've had a proper conversation; even though we were just kind of fumbling around and making really awkward eye contact that would've been the best cringe worthy moment in a rom com but....why?!

"Sorry?" she replied, her answer a half question type of time that caused me to roll my eyes.

"Lex, shut up." Gen finally piped up and put an arm around my shoulders. "Good for you girl, getting his number all on your own." she softly congratulated me and I smiled a little to myself.

"I got a beautiful piece of art, and a cute guys' phone number." I said to myself, making the moment concrete in my mind. I couldn't help but glance over my shoulder at the emptying flea market as we exited the giant tent and began walking in the cold air to our cars.

"I'm going with Gen." I announced and Lex made a sound of protest followed by a pout. "You offended me. Punishment is driving home alone." I smirked and her lowered her head.

"I totally deserve that." she nodded and began sulking, dragging her feet towards her car and I rolled my eyes once more before diverting with Genevieve to her car.

"Wow, wicked harsh Sadie. You usually don't punish her like that." she chuckled and I shook my head.

"I had to." I moved my shoulders slightly in a shrug, clutching the painting tightly. "He was really cute, and we totally had the same vibe going on! We're two awkward souls, except he's really artistic and I'm a blob." I complained.