three

(one week later, second of june)

third person pov

"so i expect that most of you should be halfway through your assignments now?" mr shin assumed. most of the class nodded.

jihye and donghyuck looked at each other with a panicked expression. they hadn't done anything.

"today after school, your place?" jihye hushed quickly.

"yeah, sure," donghyuck seemed to agree with no arguments.

strange. jihye thought.

~

the two walked awkwardly beside each other on the way to donghyuck's house.

"um so i heard that you were close with na jaemin, lee jeno and huang renjun," jihye commented.

"yeah, they've been my friends since primary," donghyuck acknowledged.

why isn't he talking back or making some smart comments? jihye pondered.

"i've got to warn you..." donghyuck began and jihye's ears perked up. "my parents... they might take you coming home with me the wrong way..."

"oh no i understand," jihye nodded.

"did you tell your parents that you were coming," donghyuck asked.

jihye stiffened a little. "they... aren't really by me, they don't need to know."

"oh," donghyuck knew he had said the wrong thing, but he couldn't help but remain curious. "did they...?"

"die? my dad, yes, but my mum, no," jihye responded curtly.

donghyuck decided to ask no further question on the topic of parents.

"who do you live with then?"

"my older brother, jaehyun."

donghyuck gasped. "jaehyun? jung jaehyun?"

jihye nodded. "mhm, why? you know him?"

donghyuck nodded slowly. "he's my brother's boyfriend..."

"wait your brother is lee taeyong?" jihye stared at him in shock. donghyuck nodded with wide eyes. "why is he so nice and chill but you're a dickhead?"

"pfft you're just jealous you don't have the good looks," donghyuck seemed to return to being bitchy.

"yeah as if i'd want to look like you," she shot back.

"ouch," he said sassily.

"oh shit if they get married then i'm gonna be related to you!" jihye cried out in disappointment.

"they ain't that far yet, chill," donghyuck laughed.

"THEY AIN'T THAT FAR YET? I LITERALLY DIDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT BECAUSE THEY WERE SO FUCKING LOUD," jihye raged.

"OKAY I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE DETAILS," donghyuck blocked his ears.

"suit yourself," jihye shrugged.

they neared donghyuck's house and jihye's mouth dropped open. donghyuck stood beside her smugly.

"bro you richhhh," jihye gaped.

"and you smell of broke," donghyuck flicked his bangs to the side and strode in through the gates.

"psht rude much."

~

ding dong...

the doorbell could be heard echoing around the large house. jihye peered inside through a window - she had never been inside a big house before. her and jaehyun's apartment home would probably be the same size as donghyuck's living room.